News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Chipmunk884's Arrangements

Started by chipmunk884, April 22, 2008, 03:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipmunk884

Even though i didn't copy you in any way, Mike, i still removed the link from my post and already contacted concerto no.20 through pm and worked it out.  GHan will be the one to remove it from the updated list on the home page, and i'm surprised he didn't do it already.  I'm sorry for all of the confusion and misunderstandings, and next time, i'll be sure to check more carefully to make sure that a piece hasn't already been aranged by someone else.

Gu4n

Quote from: chipmunk884 on June 17, 2008, 02:11:51 PMEven though i didn't copy you in any way, Mike, i still removed the link from my post and already contacted concerto no.20 through pm and worked it out.  GHan will be the one to remove it from the updated list on the home page, and i'm surprised he didn't do it already.  I'm sorry for all of the confusion and misunderstandings, and next time, i'll be sure to check more carefully to make sure that a piece hasn't already been aranged by someone else.

I removed it from the Super Smash Bros.-section, indeed, not from the main page.

chipmunk884

G-Han, has this type of thing ever happened before where someone arranges a piece from a midi and after submitting, finds out that another person posted their version on another site?  It seems like it could easily happen, and it would be very hard to find out if another site already has the piece that you are working on.

Gu4n

Yeah, it happens over and over again, but that's not the point is. The point is that your arrangement sounds exactly the same as Frank's arrangement, which can't be coincidence since it's an orchestral song. For example, 8-bit music has a very limited amount of instruments (staffs) being used, so as an arranger you're limited to these staffs and so it's possible that two arrangements from different arrangers sound alike. But when an orchestral song is arranged and sounds this much alike, it must be copied. It might sound a little straight-fowarded, but this is my way of looking at it.

Of course, I'm not going to check every sheet available on the web thoroughly when updating the site so I'm sure no one has stolen his or her submission; I expect everyone submits arrangement they have arrangement, otherwise submitting has no point. You'd better put up a link to the sheet on ApolloMix or any other sheet music archive, saves time ánd problems! And like I've said before, it's not like ApolloMix and NSM are rivals of eachother, just alternative ways of getting sheet music!

Nintendude73

Oh no, I didn't realize that was the exact same sheet. :-[  I'm accepting The Story Begins, but I hope that it is your own work this time.  You also really need to watch your sheet formatting.

I also went ahead and edited the news on the front page, including that paragraph Mike quoted.