News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimswamit

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 15, 2017, 09:43:01 PMWent to my marching band's Halloween Show this afternoon as Captain Jack Sparrow, complete with props and makeup. After the whole shebang, I walked up to Hallee and asked her, in my best Jack Sparrow accent, if she could direct me to the Fountain of Youth. She giggled and directed me to the water fountain.

I think I might be on the right track! :D
that's like the best thing you could've said, man that cracks me up. Good luck!

Maelstrom

Late, but the best way to build social skills is to be around people. And the best way to be around people is to have social skills. It kinda sucks, but just hanging out with people you kinda know is not a bad thing to do. Heck, I made friends purely because I started sitting at the same tables of people I kinda knew for breakfast and now we're really good friends.

SlowPokemon

Braix — I realized a couple things after high school that made me become more social (though if you're like me then you won't ever really bean extrovert).

1. It's possible you're feeling subconsciously or consciously anxious or nervous about what people will think of you if you let them in and say what you honestly feel. Just think of it this way: what would you do if someone came to you with the same comments or personal problems? The truth is, the people who matter will support you, and the ones who don't support you just aren't even worth worrying about. Being yourself is the only way to make true friends.

2. Social anxiety is based on the inherent, illogical reasoning that everyone is constantly judging and being critical of you in some way. All I'm asking you to do is to try giving yourself the same validation you give other people. That's all. Treat yourself like a human being who's worth being heard.

3. Just existing in the same space as someone isn't enough. You need to make an active effort in the friendship. Oftentimes, that means pretending you're interested in things you aren't really, or listening to their problems. That's what friends do. It's give and take.

4. Don't let laziness and social anxiety stop you from going out and doing things when the opportunity arises. "I'll just stay home" is dangerous because it's safe and comfortable. Like you said, do your best to break from your comfort zone. (This is harder to do in high school but once you get to college it will be easier.)

Sorry if this isn't really the advice you were looking for, but that'll do it for now I guess.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on October 16, 2017, 01:45:05 AMI was a total loner for awhile to until I realized two things: People wont hate you unless you do something to intentionally hurt them and that being anisocial is a choice. Sounds kind of dumb but it worked for me, self confidence and knowing what you really want takes you far in life.
I mean, judgementalism and discrimination is a thing, and it's not just race based. Sometimes people "just get a bad feeling from you" or just think you're plain weird (but idk maybe that's actually true) and don't like you or want to be around you. I'm situations like that, your actions don't really mean much.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

I don't want to complain or whine too much. But the thing is that I have met girls previously in school, which I thought I could get. But I never got any of them. Leaving me thinking that "there was something wrong with me" or "that I have to change myself. Or seize the moment". But I don't believe that will work. I think I just have to wait for it to come naturally and hope that some girl likes me.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

When you say you want to "get" a girl, it sounds like you don't treat them like people...

Maybe if you stopped that kind of mindset you might find someone.

Altissimo

girls arent trophies to be won if you try hard enough

Dude

Basically that but said a bit more delicately

LeviR.star

Quote from: Altissimo on October 16, 2017, 12:49:41 PMgirls arent trophies to be won if you try hard enough

Quote from: Dude on October 16, 2017, 12:46:10 PMWhen you say you want to "get" a girl, it sounds like you don't treat them like people...

Maybe if you stopped that kind of mindset you might find someone.

Tobbeh, you have to listen to these two, they make good points; it almost sounds like you want to have "a girl" just for the status of not being single.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

braix

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 16, 2017, 10:47:46 AMI mean, judgementalism and discrimination is a thing, and it's not just race based. Sometimes people "just get a bad feeling from you" or just think you're plain weird (but idk maybe that's actually true) and don't like you or want to be around you. I'm situations like that, your actions don't really mean much.
People at my school seem to think I'm a drug dealer
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Social isolation without showing overt signs of autism or depression is taken as a "too cool for you drug drealer." I know because that's what people thought about me too as a freshman >->
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 16, 2017, 02:46:15 PMPeople at my school seem to think I'm a drug dealer
don't give in to their expectations

say no to drugs braix
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 16, 2017, 12:22:41 PMI don't want to complain or whine too much. But the thing is that I have met girls previously in school, which I thought I could get. But I never got any of them. Leaving me thinking that "there was something wrong with me" or "that I have to change myself. Or seize the moment". But I don't believe that will work. I think I just have to wait for it to come naturally and hope that some girl likes me.

You've answered your own question by what you've said here.

You're treating women like an Xbox achievement that you get for doing something special.

what is shitpost

ZeldaFan

Let me explain this situation:
I met a guy from a social dating app. We went on a date to go get ice cream. Things went well, we talked for about 3 hours. We met up again the next week to see a movie. We held hands during the movie. We got together at his house for another movie, and had a chat afterwards, again holding hands/cuddling through the movie. The next week we went and saw another movie together, again holding hands. 2 Fridays ago, I text him to ask if he's doing anything, he has to go to bed early for work the next day but says "Let's hang out next week for sure!" No contact since then, but he sent me a friend request on Facebook last week.

What is going on here?? I can't tell what this guy's agenda is. To me it seems he just wants to be friends, or worse, I'm just a hand to hold that's attached to a cute girl to sit next to at the theater??

It doesn't matter a whole lot since I'm moving away soon, but guys are hard to decipher sometimes! Any help would be appreciated, if only for future reference.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: ZeldaFan on October 25, 2017, 12:10:05 AMAny help would be appreciated
Just ask him plainly.

I get a lot of stick from people for my straightforwardness but it's useful in situations such as this. He has the information you seek  so you need only ask. Confusion over.
innit