News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Sebastian

In my opinion, I don't think you should jump into anything before college, especially if it's just for the experience or whatever. Sometimes, relationships that early don't last. Kinda going along with what Braix said.

cashwarrior1

I'm not trying to jump for the experience, but really just so I can get my feelings to the person before it's too late. If I can, we can try to maintain it over the duration of college, but that would be hard.

FireArrow

As depresseing as it sounds, none of the feelings you have in high school will matter once you're out of high school. Dating in high school can be a decent learning expirience but it's by no means a necessary part of the human expirience. Any relatioship you have in high school is probably not gonna last more than 6 months, let alone till you graduate.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

I found this love columnist recently and the advice is gold.

Here's the tag for all his articles: http://kotaku.com/tag/ask-dr-nerdlove

This one column lol: http://kotaku.com/ask-dr-nerdlove-my-crush-keeps-betraying-my-christian-1782916675

Some of the stuff is NSFW and also 18+ so don't blame me if you click on something out of *curiosity*

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

The beginning of that column was good.  The rest of it made me feel a little sick
unmotivated

Latios212

Personally I don't see much value in a relationship unless both parties are comfortable with the idea of spending [lifespan] with each other. I know that might be overly idealistic and optimistic but that's my view. I don't mind being single at my age; very few people are actually worth living for.

Best things I saw while skimming:
Quote from: braixen1264 on August 30, 2016, 08:04:32 PMMake sure you completely understand the reasons behind what you want to do before acting.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 30, 2016, 08:18:10 PMAbove all, fall in love with a person and not with a body.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

FireArrow

Quote from: Ruto on August 31, 2016, 08:16:33 PMI found this love columnist recently and the advice is gold.

Here's the tag for all his articles: http://kotaku.com/tag/ask-dr-nerdlove

This one column lol: http://kotaku.com/ask-dr-nerdlove-my-crush-keeps-betraying-my-christian-1782916675

Some of the stuff is NSFW and also 18+ so don't blame me if you click on something out of *curiosity*

Let he with two hands cast the first stone. I should not of laughed that much.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Trainer Ave

When my last relationship ended (January) I basically gave up on dating anyone (mostly because everyone cheated on me), but now I've started to think that there might be some chemistry between me and a certain person I've only talked to online. The biggest issue I have here is that she is my sister's best friend. I don't know if I should pursue this or not.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

JDMEK5

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on September 15, 2016, 06:55:23 AMWhen my last relationship ended (January) I basically gave up on dating anyone (mostly because everyone cheated on me), but now I've started to think that there might be some chemistry between me and a certain person I've only talked to online. The biggest issue I have here is that she is my sister's best friend. I don't know if I should pursue this or not.
I got myself into a possessive and demanding relationship because I jumped in too fast. Fortunately, this isn't your first rodeo but from my experience, my piece of helpful advice to you is take plenty of time to observe her mannerisms, how she treats others around her, her social circumstance, etc. Don't stalk her, but just be aware. Also, this all should be done before you even admit to yourself you may like her if you were to ask me. Maybe this is helpful to you, maybe not, but that's what I have to offer.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Trainer Ave

What exactly do you mean by her social circumstance?
Also my main concern is that I'm not sure how dating her (if I decide to try) will affect my relationship with my sister or my sister's relationship with her. This is kind of an odd situation I've found myself in that I've never experienced before. Also like I said I've only ever talked to this person online so I don't know how I'd go about finding out how she treats other people.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

It's not awkward (source: being friends with my sister's boyfriends)
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Yeah no I don't expect it would be awkward. If anything it could be advantageous if something like this is your goal:
Quote from: Latios212 on September 04, 2016, 12:57:43 PMa relationship... [in which] both parties are comfortable with the idea of spending [lifespan] with each other.
It would be good that she gets along already with your family.

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on September 15, 2016, 11:59:28 AMWhat exactly do you mean by her social circumstance?
Also my main concern is that I'm not sure how dating her (if I decide to try) will affect my relationship with my sister or my sister's relationship with her. This is kind of an odd situation I've found myself in that I've never experienced before. Also like I said I've only ever talked to this person online so I don't know how I'd go about finding out how she treats other people.
Social circumstance is what I said when I was thinking back to my own experience cuz in my case, my ex had like, no friends besides me. Which inevitably made me her whole life, yadda yadda yadda. But you're in a great spot I think cuz if you want to get to know her better, just get your sister to drag you with them when they do things every so often. Get some exposure (please don't misinterpret that X( ). Having a sibling already in the in is a lucky place to be.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Trainer Ave

Getting some exposure (as you so chose to word it) is not so easy when your sister is currently living in Tennessee and your currently attending college in central Alabama
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server