News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Yes a text based message would definitely be better. They might be uncomfortable with picking up the phone, or live a busy life where they don't have enough time to have a conversation like that. Texting would let them answer on their own time and also ensure that they're actually getting the message.

Good luck!!

ZeldaFan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2016, 10:03:14 PMthere aren't any cute girls in my town wat do
Wait are you living in Tooele rn?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

FireArrow

Yeah, everyone texts now anyways. get wit duh times

Quote from: Dudeman on January 01, 2016, 08:56:04 PMNo one's been insultingly burned yet. Let's keep it that way.

Because noc's post is totally within forum rules?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2016, 07:25:24 PMfor someone who's so smart, you sure make a lot of common grammar errors
anyway, a lot of people on this site are pretty dumb when it comes to important topics and blue was sick of trying to explain to these certain people exactly what they were doing wrong (hint: calling people bigots for standing up for their beliefs is not a cool thing to do).  So it wasn't those 2 threads that caused problems, it was the people ridiculing him for his personal ideology.  Also why even post 16 days late about something that doesn't even have to do with the topic
PDS pls
Yeah. This one was, anyways.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2016, 08:38:47 PMhope you know you're one of those people  ::)
And while this isn't the nicest thing to say, banning people because they're mean is a bit authoritarian. Everyone is perceived as mean by someone (though some more than others).

That said, I shall actually respond to this post, in the debate topic.
what is shitpost

Bubbles

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 01, 2016, 11:19:53 PMThat said, I shall actually respond to this post, in the [not dating drama] topic.
thank

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 01, 2016, 10:11:10 PMim trying to call this one person to arrange a date but they arent picking up the phone, and there's a 99% chance neither of us will have time to hang out once school starts

...i guess i could just text them or send them a facebook message?

oh my god
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

i have no idea what to do. Me and my girlfriend are extremely close. Right now though, I am a senior in high school. She is a sophomore. We attend a school that in its own right is something like a boarding school so we both live in different parts of the state. We are also both visually impaired so there is no chance either one of us will have a driver's license. What should i do?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Altissimo

1) how long you been dating
2) is there a reason this is a problem *now*?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You'll have to make the decision (preferably with your girlfriends input) of whether or not you want to go long distance. It's a tough choice, and one that's entirely your own. However, it should be said that long distance relationships are nearly if not always quite hard; that being said, if you feel the relationship is worth enough to you to keep going (which it seems you do), then by all means try and make it work long distance.
what is shitpost

Trainer Ave

Quote from: Altissimo on January 07, 2016, 03:53:09 PM1) how long you been dating
2) is there a reason this is a problem *now*?

1. about 6 months, however me and her seem to have a stronger connection and more ease with communicating than people who i've dated for a long period of time
2. i'm just saying this is a problem because the date is fast approaching
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 07, 2016, 04:21:37 PMYou'll have to make the decision (preferably with your girlfriends input) of whether or not you want to go long distance. It's a tough choice, and one that's entirely your own. However, it should be said that long distance relationships are nearly if not always quite hard; that being said, if you feel the relationship is worth enough to you to keep going (which it seems you do), then by all means try and make it work long distance.

I don't know how she'll take it. I know first hand how hard it can be and I'm willing to bear with it. The problem comes with how exactly to talk to her about it. We both generally try to avoid the subject about me graduating bc it's kind of disheartening topic for the both of us.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Oronoco

Is there any chance of you ending up near each other after High School?

Even if you are far apart, things can still have a way of working out. I don't have a long-distance relationship like yours, but I do live a long distance from each of my siblings and High School friends I was close to. We hardly stay in touch. But, there are times when we're able to meet together, and when we do, I always feel just as close to them, if not closer, than we were before.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Nebbles

I have high school friends that go away for college, but we stay connected via Skype and it works wonderfully, then when we're all back in the same area, we hang out.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

The most likely situation for us is that we won't be able to be near each other again until after college.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

FireArrow

If you're afraid a long distance relationship could hurt the connection between you two, you can always put the relationship on hold until you guys live near each other again. You also have to ask yourself if this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with - if not continuing may be more pain than it's worth.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

That's also a good point. It can be a hard question to ask at this point if you want to spend your life with this person, but it might offer some guidance. Also, you two should talk about it. Communication is key in any good relationship, and you two can make a solution both are happy with.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel