News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

I'm free, if you require my services. Not free of charge, though. You'll have to pay for my flights and accommodation. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 23, 2015, 08:14:37 PMSO I NEED TO ASK SOMEONE TO PROM BUT IDK HOW TO ASK A STRANGER.  ANYONE DONE IT BEFORE?
YES

DONT ASK A STRANGER

in all seriousness I can speak from experience that it is not a nice thing when someone you've never talked to EVER asks you to prom, no matter how flattering you may think it is

mikey

okay well I'd be asking someone who knows who I am
but the thing is when I was younger, believe it or not, I was really annoying.  I can't believe nobody punched me.  I would've punched myself.  So I kind of had a bad reputation with EVERYONE.  I was mature for about a year where I sat quietly in my classes and said nothing, then I jumped at the chance to go to college.  So I don't really know anyone from my school well enough to be like hey, go to prom with me flowers cards chocolate stuffed animals bad puns?  Is it okay just to ask someone to prom, basically.
unmotivated

Bubbles

hrmmm I still say no but whatever

Why are you so eager to go to prom though? There's nothing wrong with going alone- in fact I'm planning for it this year.

mikey

Senior prom and whatnot
big occasion doncha know
it doesn't help that half the girls in my school are already going steady with someone
I hate modern dating conventions
unmotivated

Latios212

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 23, 2015, 09:33:44 PMI hate modern dating conventions

Then why bother with them? I spent the time of prom just chilling with a group of friends somewhere far away without any of that kind of pressure - it was more fun that way. Cheaper, too [emoji14]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

Let me rephrase what I said before. Don't ask a stranger to prom if you're not prepared to GO to prom. If you  ask them you're basically promising them a fun time together and you better be prepared to deliver.

But like you said, senior prom, big stuff. Don't ask some girl and ruin her experience if you're just asking her so you can have a date

DrP

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 23, 2015, 09:33:44 PMI hate modern dating conventions
I just reactivated my Tinder and got another app to try these modern dating conventions.

People of CA come at me.

Maybe I'll find a lucky girl/guy.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna ask my friends to start setting me up.

ETFROXX

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 23, 2015, 09:14:27 PMokay well I'd be asking someone who knows who I am
but the thing is when I was younger, believe it or not, I was really annoying.  I can't believe nobody punched me.  I would've punched myself.  So I kind of had a bad reputation with EVERYONE.  I was mature for about a year where I sat quietly in my classes and said nothing, then I jumped at the chance to go to college.  So I don't really know anyone from my school well enough to be like hey, go to prom with me flowers cards chocolate stuffed animals bad puns?  Is it okay just to ask someone to prom, basically.

I got asked to my junior prom by a guy I had one math class with. So, I guess? If you know them and they seem to at least like you as a friend.

Prom doesn't have to be some big romantic thing.

the_last_sheikah

Prom is dumb, and I'm not just saying that because I got stood up(to an extent) at my senior prom, but rather because high school dating itself is frivolous.  But this isn't my place to bitch and moan.  You want to have fun at prom?  Unless you enjoy formal dances, save some money and just go to after prom with some friends, imo much more enjoyable.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

mikey

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 23, 2015, 10:16:41 PMProm doesn't have to be some big romantic thing.
that's kind of my goal here, just making it casual, but with a person I don't know very well
Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 23, 2015, 10:33:30 PMUnless you enjoy formal dances
actually I do haha
unmotivated

FireArrow

The fun part about prom isn't the actual prom... but how are you a 16 year old senior wut?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 23, 2015, 10:33:30 PMProm is dumb, and I'm not just saying that because I got stood up(to an extent) at my senior prom, but rather because high school dating itself is frivolous.  But this isn't my place to bitch and moan.  You want to have fun at prom?  Unless you enjoy formal dances, save some money and just go to after prom with some friends, imo much more enjoyable.
It seems to me like people really make a big deal about prom, yet... the idea of such events doesn't really appeal to me.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

um so

in pe we're doing a dancing unit and the teacher picked who would be paired up for the whole unit

he paired me up with my crush 

what do i do