News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanker37

Quote from: Dude on May 04, 2014, 04:41:15 AMgot tinder

matched up with 2 people.

what do i do now ????

My heart is racing so hard right now i can't do this
Yes you can, you silly. They're probably just as nervous as you.

Dude

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND ETF'S SELF HELP BOOK ISN'T HELPING

Clanker37

OK, calm the fuck down. It's not the end of the world. You're being silly.

Just treat like any other conversation. Relax and let them speak. A conversation is a two way street. There's equal pressure on both parties to be involved and you shouldn't be too involved. Ask them about themselves; if they're like any other human whoever lived, they'll think the sun shines right out of they're arse and will love to tell you about themselves; if they turn out to be reserved, well evidently they're just as nervous as you and don't want to smother you.

Just remember that you are fucking awesome and you are capable of fantastic things, least of all a date.

FierceDeity

The great thing about tinder is that there's already knowledge of mutual interest. You don't have to think so hard; they right swiped you for a reason. You can always start by commenting on something you like about their profile; maybe you have a really cool shared interest; maybe they're doing something interesting in one/more of their pictures; maybe they're just really fucking attractive. Whatever it is, you don't have to be afraid to compliment them on it, because you already know that they're interested in you, so as long as you don't compliment them on something really strange ("I LOVE YOUR EARLOBES"), they're bound to be flattered.

As for what you actually want to get out of tinder, all I can say is that, by the end of the first date with anyone, be honest about what you want it to be. Tinder is overwhelmingly used as a hook-up app, but if that's not what you're looking for, there are still a lot of people who actually end up in a relationship (see: me and my girlfriend); you just have to keep matching, keep trying, and look for the right person. Or, if you're like me, go on tinder for shits and giggles (and/or ego boost), not really expecting to use it seriously, and be completely surprised by how amazing one match ends up being.

But seriously, tinder is one of the few situations in which you really don't have to worry, like, at all. Stay calm, message them, and if it doesn't work out, oh well; just keep getting new matches until it does. You have nothing to lose.

ETFROXX

Quote from: Dude on May 04, 2014, 06:15:57 AMBUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND ETF'S SELF HELP BOOK ISN'T HELPING

WHAT. D:

sorry i keep getting busy and don't continue it that often

MAYBE AFTER SCHOOLS OUT AND I MOVE I'LL POST THE NEXT CHAPTER. HOPEFULLY.

Bubbles

Listen up guys (and I guess girls too, but I can't speak from experience): all you need is to be able to play smooth jazz on a brass instrument and you can have any woman you want but still keep the spit thing a secret ok

FierceDeity

Shit, no wonder I get all the ladies. Jazz trombone 4 lyfe

Also, it's not spit, it's condensation in your breath, damnit!

Bubbles

fingerz

Well, I play an extremely large, sexy saxophone that's more metal than wood... I see no women. XD

@Bubbles: I saw someone drink it out of their Trombone valve before. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SuperFireKirby

Jazz trumpet is best, this is fact.
Quote from: ETFROXX on May 04, 2014, 05:49:21 PMMAYBE AFTER SCHOOLS OUT AND I MOVE I'LL POST THE NEXT CHAPTER. HOPEFULLY.
BWAHAHA that's never happening. COME ON, PROVE ME WRONG.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Quote from: fingerz on May 14, 2014, 08:29:28 PM@Nebbles: I saw someone drink it out of their Trombone valve before. :P

WTF whyyyy did you say that xD That was the most scarring thing I remember from music class as a kid xD

Quote from: Bubbles on May 14, 2014, 08:07:51 PMListen up guys (and I guess girls too, but I can't speak from experience): all you need is to be able to play smooth jazz on a brass instrument and you can have any woman you want but still keep the spit thing a secret ok

I guess I can say that women should get a STEM degree and at least one guy from your class or in that field will awkwardly ask you out within a few years. Meanwhile don't brush your hair on a daily basis and wear only dress shirts, jeans and sneakers. No hoodies. Ignore him the first few times to seem cooler than you actually are.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Ohhhh you're saying that your constant unkempt state is of a strategic nature, and not laziness huh....

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 14, 2014, 08:55:18 PMOhhhh you're saying that your constant unkempt state is of a strategic nature, and not laziness huh....

D;

It makes me look more hard working during the weekdays! The weekends...yeah it's laziness.

I'd punish you with a pixie cut if I didn't hate it so much! XD

SuperFireKirby

DOEEEEEEEEET. Pixie cuts are teh best.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

But what will I forget to brush everyday? D: