News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Quote from: zoroark1264 on March 02, 2014, 09:37:22 PM...Its 11:35pm and I just asked my crush out via facebook.
Apparently she really liked me. I'm at a loss for words haha.
Wow, I'm amazed that worked out. I've always been told to NEVER ask someone out via technology. Then again, I can't say that's entirely true. I'm yet to get to the stage of asking anyone out. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2014, 01:48:20 PMWow, I'm amazed that worked out. I've always been told to NEVER ask someone out via technology. Then again, I can't say that's entirely true. I'm yet to get to the stage of asking anyone out. :P
Idk, but it's just way easier too.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

fingerz

Hahahaha! You don't have to see their face, I suppose. Personally, I think confronting someone in real-life would make it much more satisfying. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2014, 01:54:17 PMHahahaha! You don't have to see their face, I suppose. Personally, I think confronting someone in real-life would make it much more satisfying. :P
Haha yeah, it's just that it's harder to face possible rejection face-to-face, in my opinion. If they would say yes, I can see your point. :p
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

Technology is so unromantic.

FierceDeity

Congrats! But trust me, it stops being even remotely acceptable later on XD

braix

Ruto

Quote from: FierceDeity on March 03, 2014, 02:43:47 PMCongrats! But trust me, it stops being even remotely acceptable later on XD

Not really xD Maybe when you're older than 30 :P

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

fingerz

Well it's not like some people can help it, can they? *COUGH* :P

mikey

Update: She said yes
of course
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Congrats. Did you go with the cupcakes?

Also,
Quote from: Ruto on March 03, 2014, 06:26:12 PMNot really xD Maybe when you're older than 30 :P

Ehhhhhh. Idk. It's definitely a lot less acceptable, and if you're to accept the cliche that women like confidence (and that seems to be pretty true for a lot of people), it seems pretty bad for an adult/near adult not to have the balls to ask in person :/ not that I'm saying that asking somebody out is one-sided as far as gender goes, but still. I've actually gotten asked out through friends before, and it definitely had some part in my saying no (another part was that I literally talked to the girl for 5 minutes, so it was a little weird for her to be so forward yet not want to do it in person). Just in general, in person > not in person. It may be less comfortable at the time, but it's much better in the long run.

Pit0010

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2014, 01:48:20 PMWow, I'm amazed that worked out. I've always been told to NEVER ask someone out via technology. Then again, I can't say that's entirely true. I'm yet to get to the stage of asking anyone out. :P

Quote from: fingerz on March 05, 2014, 05:03:45 PMWell it's not like some people can help it, can they? *COUGH* :P

....(death stare)....
 >:(  sus~
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

Ruto

It's easier for me to close the chat program than to run away in real life.

I remember back when I was a kid when this guy tried to ask this girl out, and the whole class was staring at the two when he was asking. The girl turned pink and I think with that kind of pressure, you don't actually do what you would want to do?

(It was also creepy because they were both 11. Ick...)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Quote from: Ruto on March 06, 2014, 01:36:11 PMIt's easier for me to close the chat program than to run away in real life.

I remember back when I was a kid when this guy tried to ask this girl out, and the whole class was staring at the two when he was asking. The girl turned pink and I think with that kind of pressure, you don't actually do what you would want to do?

(It was also creepy because they were both 11. Ick...)

I mean, first of all there's a difference between doing it in person and doing it in public XD

Second, I'm not sure if you're talking about the person asking or being asked running away, haha. Either way though, for the person asking, it's better not to run away/close out of that sort of thing if you want to stay friends after that, because you're at least made to discuss it rather than pretending that it didn't happen, which wouldn't really solve anything. Unresolved tensions like that are awful, in my experience.
For the person being asked, running away/closing out is kind of just rude, really :P