News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

guise it will be valentine's day soon

Start asking your Valentine's!

Mashi

Take a train from NYC and then fall in love with a super pretty girl you see on the other side of you on the seating.
Then buy her some ice cream and date her and marry her and live happily ever after.

And if that doesn't work, you've probably met Ruto, Saria, and me, so who cares about love???

Anyhow, everything will be fine, Kman96.  To be quite honest, I feel it's too early for you to fall in love yet.  I would recommend waiting until after college or once you have a vocation.  That way, you'll have a much better idea of what you're doing in life and are set in necessities.  Not to mention (and I mean no offense by this, since it applies to mostly everyone) that you'll be both mentally and emotionally mature by then.  You'll be able to mitigate your feelings and rationalise them to an extent.  Love isn't a huge movie; we're living reality, which is much different.  Your plan to ask her to prom may have been ideal, but it wasn't necessarily utilitarian.  Speaking to her about it was a much better direction, I feel, so I'm glad you ended up going that route.

Anyhow, if you want my philosophy on all of this, I don't think you should pursue a relationship.  I never quite understood the purpose of gong through some awkward phase in which one asks another to be a boyfriend or girlfriend.  I feel that if you're truly close to someone, you never should need to go through that phase.  It'll be greyed out.  So long as you both enjoy being with each other, your relationship will progress without either's urging.  The best way to find something is by not looking for it at all, after all.

And if worse comes to worst, you always have us to love... if you know what I mean. ;)

Cobraroll

Single Awareness Day coming up! This will be my 21st consecutive!

Yay for studying in a place with twice as many boys as girls...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Mashi

SlowPokemon

Just tell everyone you and your valentine are inseparable

Because your valentine is your hand
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 10, 2013, 02:48:26 PMYay for studying in a place with twice as many boys as girls...

Twice as many, wow. I can only dream of that good a ratio.

Pit0010

hohoh...valentine's day....wooo....time to spend time with my video games and cuddle up with them :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

SuperFireKirby

You know what sucks. The fact that this song is the story of my life.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on February 12, 2013, 04:42:54 AMReelBig Fish ftw

Srsly best movie ever and beautiful music score
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Toby

Quote from: Mashi on February 10, 2013, 04:52:42 AMTake a train from NYC and then fall in love with a super pretty girl you see on the other side of you on the seating.
Then buy her some ice cream and date her and marry her and live happily ever after.

And if that doesn't work, you've probably met Ruto, Saria, and me, so who cares about love???

Anyhow, everything will be fine, Kman96.  To be quite honest, I feel it's too early for you to fall in love yet.  I would recommend waiting until after college or once you have a vocation.  That way, you'll have a much better idea of what you're doing in life and are set in necessities.  Not to mention (and I mean no offense by this, since it applies to mostly everyone) that you'll be both mentally and emotionally mature by then.  You'll be able to mitigate your feelings and rationalise them to an extent.  Love isn't a huge movie; we're living reality, which is much different.  Your plan to ask her to prom may have been ideal, but it wasn't necessarily utilitarian.  Speaking to her about it was a much better direction, I feel, so I'm glad you ended up going that route.

Anyhow, if you want my philosophy on all of this, I don't think you should pursue a relationship.  I never quite understood the purpose of gong through some awkward phase in which one asks another to be a boyfriend or girlfriend.  I feel that if you're truly close to someone, you never should need to go through that phase.  It'll be greyed out.  So long as you both enjoy being with each other, your relationship will progress without either's urging.  The best way to find something is by not looking for it at all, after all.

And if worse comes to worst, you always have us to love... if you know what I mean. ;)

Poetry

Jub3r7

TL;DR JUB3R7 EXPLAINS HOMESTUCK TROLL ROMANCE.
Homestuck makes love so much more complicated once it explains troll romance (alien race in different universe)

Spoilers because large amounts of text so all of your ships can multiply exponentially.
The four quadrants are:

Spoiler
Matespritship, the flushed quadrant ♥
Moirallegiance, the pale quadrant ♦
Auspisticism, the ashen quadrant ♣
Kismesissitude, the caliginous quadrant ♠
Matespritship and moirallegiance are part of the red romance (redrom) group, which means that they revolve around more positive emotions. Auspisticism and kismesissitude, on the other hand, belong to the black romance (blackrom) group, which means that they revolve around more negative emotions. Matespritship and kismesissitude are part of the concupiscent group, and revolve around more sensual emotions. Moirallegiance and auspisticism, on the other hand, are of the conciliatory group, and revolve around more platonic emotions.

Red Romance (Redrom)
These types fall under the pity hemisphere of troll emotions, and are associated with the color red. They are tied to strongly positive emotions.

Matespritship/Flushed Quadrant
Spoiler
The one most like human love/romance. Matesprits have a strong feeling of affection for one another - though troll psychology being what it is, courtship can be just as violent as that between kismeses, and indeed it can flail between one and the other. It is one of the two concupiscent relationships, those that deal with reproduction, the other being kismesissitude. Matespritships's quadrant is known as the flushed quadrant.
[close]

Moirallegiance/Pale Quadrant
Spoiler
Moirallegiance is a process that occurs between a troll and their "moirail" (also informally known as a palemate). It is a form of guardianship, but it isn't simply about being platonic soul bros forever.
A troll is compelled by fate to watch over their moirail and keep them in line. Despite the platonic appearance of this role (as we currently understand it) to us humans, trolls consider it a type of romance. Moirallegiance may also entail pacifying one's partner if they would normally be dangerous to others or to themselves.
It is one of the two conciliatory relationships, the other being auspistice. As it is a redrom, it is linked to pity in the same way that black romance (blackrom) is linked to hate.
[close]

Black Romance (Blackrom)
These types fall under the hate hemisphere, and are associated with the color black. They are tied to strongly negative emotions.

Auspisticism/Ashen Quadrant
Spoiler
An auspistice is a "facilitator" of some sort between two others, mediating interactions between them and keeping their relationship functional.
Auspisticized pairs have been shown to be potentially caliginous to some degree, as the emotions between two auspisticized trolls are similar to those of kismeses but are interfered with by the auspistice. Unlike the other quadrants, ashen feelings have only been shown and have suggested to be only felt by the auspistice and not the two parties in the mediated relationship.

If the mediator does a poor job or is uninterested in keeping the peace, the two might delve into more torrid emotions, as stated above. Without auspistices, widespread black infidelity is guaranteed. It is one of the two conciliatory relationships, those more platonic to humans, the other being moirallegiance.
[close]

Kismesissitude/Caliginous Quadrant
Spoiler
This is what a troll feels towards someone known as their kismesis. This is linked to hatred, and it is necessary that both parties feel hatred towards each other. Not any kind of hatred will do, since there is such a thing as platonic hatred amongst trolls (similar to the human concepts of hatred and platonic love).

In other words, kismesissitude seems to be based on a mix of hatred and sexual attraction. As it thrives on a rivalry between two trolls, defeating or killing your kismesis is discouraged, since obviously there wouldn't be a relationship anymore. It is one of the two concupiscent relationships, those that deal with reproduction, the other being matespritship, and it has been shown that like with matespritship kissing is considered an appropriate expression of kismesissitude.
One might say that the most appropriate human concept which is somewhat synonymous to kismesissitude would be "potent arch-rivalry".
[close]

[close]
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

EFitTrainr

My good friends, it would appear that I have feelings for a girl. I do not know how to act upon these feelings, and therefore am feeling "butterflies" in my stomach. These feelings are also causing confusion, and a number of other unwelcome side effects. I really do wish that women were simpler.
I like food.