News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondbl

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 15, 2012, 08:41:46 PMJust a question for you guys... is it weird to date someone with the same name as a sibling?

Thing is, one of my friends is awesome and I'd love to ask her out. She's funny, smart, cute, amazing musician, overall awesome. And she has the same name as my sister. It just seems to me like it'd be kind of...strange. Thoughts?

That shouldn't even be a factor in your relationship.  Go for it.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

FluteNinja

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 15, 2012, 08:41:46 PMJust a question for you guys... is it weird to date someone with the same name as a sibling?

Thing is, one of my friends is awesome and I'd love to ask her out. She's funny, smart, cute, amazing musician, overall awesome. And she has the same name as my sister. It just seems to me like it'd be kind of...strange. Thoughts?
I would go for it.
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Ruto

Come up with a nickname if it bothers you that much? But it's not like you're thinking of your sister while talking to her :p

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Sir Dino

Quote from: Ruto on May 16, 2012, 07:12:30 AMCome up with a nickname if it bothers you that much? But it's not like you're thinking of your sister while talking to her :p
It's not much of a big deal. But if your really find it awkward, just give her a nickname (only if she likes it) or just give your sister a nickname. or just stop speaking to your sister.

But I never bother with relationships yet.

Dude

KefkaticFanatic

Yep same, I blame China

me irl
[close]

DrP

The Great Firewall Strikes Again!

KefkaticFanatic

Pretty sure she's in HK right now so there shouldn't a problem... but oh well

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Lol maybe it's imageshack being stupid here. And yes, I'm in HK...

Sir Dino

Cool! ..don't mean to go off topic, but how is it in HK?

Ruto

Haven't really been sightseeing so much, it's mostly paperwork so far and looking around malls. They're all starting to look the same...

Anyway a bit more on topic is that the guys here are a bit of a disappointment XD Everyone has the same glasses, skin problems (probably from the heat and not washing their face enough) and wear the same shirt and/or tie.  A shower would help them a lot...

This is the only place I've been to where everyone spends the entire time staring at their phones on the train or train platform and not even look up. So antisocial xD So they shouldn't complain about being single...the don't seem to want attention ::)

Sir Dino

lol, I had a feeling that people in HK would be glued to their cellphones. xD So yeah, sorry China! we have no worries about your antisocial-ness! :) (for a second, when you all were saying "HK", I thought you meant.. hello kitty xD)

Ruto

Haha, it's actually completely different in China...the girls really take the time to make themselves look good and the guys are a lot more social despite having phones and stuff. I went to a park once and there were all these nerdy* photographers just walking around asking girls if they could take their picture. Several guys asked me too lol XD

*by Chinese standards

Sir Dino

Asians boys/men do tend to be closer to one another (by prior experience/Asian cultures, not by racism ways). ..but never knew about the photo taking stuff. xD