News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Relationships

Started by ETFROXX, February 06, 2012, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I'd say start moving ahead, but slowly? Like don't just... jump on her. Try and hang out with her more. Get to know her a bit better. But if she's already comfortable with you, then there's not much to wait for.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 08, 2012, 07:15:03 PMWhoa. Didn't expect a riot. O_o it's not a big deal guys. I guess we would already consider ourselves "friends" but I don't know if that means I'm in the friend zone. I don't think I am. I don't know. Don't want to force things. I don't see her that often which could kinda be a problem.

you'll never know if you don't try.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

My gf and I are both going speed dating at Pi Phi on Friday. This could end well or very very badly :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Ruto

Quote from: spitllama on February 08, 2012, 08:47:31 PMMy gf and I are both going speed dating at Pi Phi on Friday. This could end well or very very badly :P

Agreed xD Whyyyy would you do that? ???

@Slow
This is a bit of a confusing situation and I really don't know what to say, except maybe you should try things out. It might make her happy, and maybe you'd learn a few things too...you can still try things out seeing that stuff in high school don't necessarily mean everything's serious yet.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 08, 2012, 07:48:11 PMBut once you've experienced true pure love, there's nothing like it...She never gave a damn about my feelings. She's still my friend and I couldn't live without her. But the whole time she was totally unconcerned with me. Maybe it wasn't even her fault, but it was really kind of awful of her.

Isn't it hard to say something like that when (you said) she didn't care about your feelings? :/

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

Quote from: spitllama on February 08, 2012, 08:47:31 PMMy gf and I are both going speed dating at Pi Phi on Friday. This could end well or very very badly :P

Yeah... I don't get it. Why are you doing that in the first place?

Cobraroll

I guess my situation on that field could be nicely summed up by a popular picture:

Ticking off ALL the boxes of the stereotype. Way to go...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

spitllama

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 09, 2012, 04:39:45 AMYeah... I don't get it. Why are you doing that in the first place?

Proceeds go to charity, so we thought we'd just stop by and goof off. You talk to people for 60 seconds each.
Submissions Page

fingerz

Quote from: Ruto on February 08, 2012, 10:18:19 PMIsn't it hard to say something like that when (you said) she didn't care about your feelings? :/
Agreed. You can have feeling like that, but it's not the REAL TRUE PURE LOVE until you both feel that way. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ragster2448

All the girls at my high school are NOTHING like the ones that were at my middle school. There's not one girl I'd ask out at my high school... It's kind of mean to say, but no girl at my high school is anything like me. There is a girl that I should've asked out at my middle school, but I choked up every time I had the chance. Now I regret it so much, I'll probably never see her ever again... Why did god have to make me so shy? :(

fingerz

Quote from: Ragster2448 on February 09, 2012, 12:56:37 PMThere is a girl that I should've asked out at my middle school, but I choked up every time I had the chance. Now I regret it so much, I'll probably never see her ever again... Why did god have to make me so shy? :(
Hahaha! I have that problem too. Right now.
But she's too young. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: fingerz on February 09, 2012, 12:51:16 PMAgreed. You can have feeling like that, but it's not the REAL TRUE PURE LOVE until you both feel that way. :P

Wrong. Sorry to sound like a stereotypical teenager but if what I felt wasn't being in love then I don't know what is.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

^We're sure you love her by the sound of things, but I think he meant that it's true love if she feels the same way about you...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

spitllama

Petrarch's poetry would fit this situation perfectly. No joke.
Submissions Page

Jub3r7

There's a difference between infatuation and love...
Maybe I was just infatuated with my ex? d:

okay maybe not but meh
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nakah

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 09, 2012, 03:15:28 PMWrong. Sorry to sound like a stereotypical teenager but if what I felt wasn't being in love then I don't know what is.

Sorry, but it sounds like you don't know what love is, and I think I might have an idea why that might be. Once upon a time there was a girl on my baseball team when we were in 2nd grade. I instantly fell for her ways, looks, mannerisms; everything. Yet, we went to different schools so once baseball season ended, so did contact.

Then came middle school, when both schools merged when entering 6th grade. Upon the summer of 7th grade year, I was on a camping trip with family and friends, and this girl happened to be going with one of the families that were camping with us(as in we all would rent out the same few campsites next to each other). So typical middle school magic went down and we started dating. Then, about a week later, typical Middle-School Girl Syndrome(oh yes) kicked in, and she broke it off for the next guy-thing in line. You can only imagine my frustration at her dim-wittedness, and lack of consideration, "but oh, she's young, so maybe youth is the reason to excuse her" I thought. So let's get to high school.

The rest of this story is a little complicated, but essentially, we had on and off 'things' throughout the next few years, but the end result was always the same: she'd one day suddenly be interested in another guy(typically older) and would act as if there had never been anything between us.

SO senior year comes around, and she's already dating one guy who's she had been with for over a year, but in the beginning of the year we start to become really close. Closer than ever, and we sort of develop this deep bond/connection thing. I couldn't ever have been more sure of the feeling of "love" until now. There was absolutely no way that things could go downhill from here, I thought, based off of words and special moments that we had shared. I'm sure you can tell where this is going, and long story short, the whole thing crashed and burned; her lying and sneaking around caused her relationship to crash(even though she was aware of it, and somewhat planned for it to turn out that way(hence the reason for me in the first place), and she at the same time spun more lies and manipulation towards me to help her get through the breakup phase. Once she was out of that phase and realized she was now single and "free," she absolved from the situation entirely, leaving an ice cold shoulder for me, acting as though she never talked to me and nothing had ever happened to begin with. That's when I learned she had channeled her flirtyness and secrecy to a new guy. And the cycle continued(for him, anyways).

In the end, some girls are just SNAKES. If she has no consideration for your feelings now, don't stick around for her, because chances are she will always leave you out in the dust for whatever captures her greater interest at the time. Even if you don't think you could live without her and are sure that you can accept her for her flaws and shortcoming no matter what etc, if she doesn't treat you well in the end, then is that something you really want? You should focus on a girl that you can build a respectable trust with, with some sort of reliability. At least that's what I realized I wanted after that whole situation, and it caused me to re-evaluate myself and my entire perception of love, and I came to great epiphanies about my self towards the end of the year, but at the price of great pain.

So don't go all out for just one girl because you think it's real love. Find someone who will always meet you half way in the end. There's greater strength in trust than passion.