NSM Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170

Author Topic: Relationships  (Read 105517 times)

cashwarrior1

• Sonic Ska
  • Never changes his avatar
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Relationships
« Reply #2520 on: June 03, 2017, 01:32:03 AM »

Part of me tells me it's not a bad thing to get into a relationship, to experiment with people to find out more about yourself and your interests. The other part tells me that you shouldn't get into a relationship unless it's going to be the person you plan on marrying.

(Sorry for changing the topic to myself, I just had some thoughts that might start some interesting discussion)

SuperFireKirby

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • Resident Avatar Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2521 on: June 03, 2017, 03:12:03 AM »

Imo you need to be in few relationships before you're actually good at being in one. I found out how shitty of a boyfriend I made the first time I was in one (though I only realized it later on). Even my current relationship took a lot of work on my part to be good at it, going on 5 months together now. Obviously this isnt the same for everyone, but if you're an extremely independent individual like me, you'll most likely find some personal roadblocks regarding how you communicate with your partner.

My advice: If you see someone you fancy, ask them out! Being in a relationship can lead to a lot of personal growth, if you're willing!

After viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Altissimo

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • im in a song of ice and fire HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 03, 2017, 05:51:36 AM »

lol u should absolutely have relationships that help you establish what you look for in a partner and realize how you act in a relationship, if you literally skip straight to "first relationship = marriage" then you're prooooobably not going to have a very good one. Lemme tell u if i had decided to stay with my first bf forever i'd have married an emotionally manipulative/abusive man with whom I had very few important things in common sooooo :^) :^) :^) :^) :^)
ALTISSIMO FOR NSM UPDATER TOMORROW

cashwarrior1

• Sonic Ska
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2523 on: June 03, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »

Okay, thanks for the advice!

AmpharosAndy

• Epona Elegy
  • Am Bri'ish innit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2524 on: June 03, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »

You've got to get it wrong before you can get it right XD

braixen1264

• why am i a mod
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • yay
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #2525 on: June 03, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

I know that a high school relationship will likely just be a waste of my time and energy. I'm honestly just not willing to sacrifice that into a relationship like that just "to experiment" or whatever. Also I'm probably just a shit partner anyway.

But I don't think it's very logical for me to assume that I could get into and sustain a great romantic relationship when I go to college or something. I can't even sustain a friend relationship; I sit outside by myself during lunch because I just don't want to interact with people.
Realistically, I'll probably just stay alone even out of high school. I don't have the experience necessary to make a friend, not to mention a girl/boyfriend. Still, I feel that I would rather spend my time being involved in other things besides relationships.
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

• NSM's Least Active Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Resident Rip Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2526 on: June 03, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

The funny thing about making friends is that you don't need experience. Either you mesh or you don't. Assuming that you're never gonna have friends because you "don't have experience" is baloney. I mean, you're still here with us, right?
All Hail Lkjhgfdsa_77

[close]

AmpharosAndy

• Epona Elegy
  • Am Bri'ish innit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2527 on: June 03, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

Yeah, we don't have to like you ;)

braixen1264

• why am i a mod
  • Global Moderator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • yay
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #2528 on: June 04, 2017, 01:27:07 AM »

it's one thing on the internet, meeting someone in real life and talking to them is different
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

• Sonic Ska
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2529 on: June 04, 2017, 02:12:05 AM »

Being online is way more difficult; reading is hard, yo.

daj

• Epona Elegy
  • much musics many yay
    • View Profile
    • wew, a personal page thingy! ^^
« Reply #2530 on: August 14, 2017, 08:02:14 AM »

soooo ummm this is going to be a bit weird haha, the fact that i'm posting in this topic here, bumping it super hard, but give me some space please, much apologies ^^;

~

Last week, I went out with this amazing girl (won't break the details hehe) and at the end of it all, we were in her uni room chilling for about two hours or so. Just the two of us.

It's one of those rooms for one, and she's single.

Just wondering, and perhaps more so to the ladies out there...is there any other situation where you'd let a guy into your room and basically sit around with him for two hours? :p

more details, if you're interested ahaha
I know, I know - in some cultures a relationship would have started right there. But honestly, I've been reluctant to starting a relationship while I'm serving my military service (cuz I can't go home during the week and can't be there for the other party) and I've been making myself blind to all these advances quite a bit.

But when you have a signal as obvious as this...I don't know. I've been trying to hold this little relationship out to after my service, but come on. And it was only today that I suddenly realised "wait, why else would a single girl let a single guy into her room??" and now I'm dying a bit inside ahaha.

Yes, I like her a lot. I have plans to hold the relationship up for the remaining three months of my army service, then finally start committing to it on the day I return to normal life. I really don't want to start it now, because when you have a partner who isn't even physically there five days a week...that would suck.

~

What I really don't want is for her to think that I don't like her back, if she does like me. Because that's one of the worst possible feelings in the world - I'm feeling just a bit of that today, but she must be feeling so much of it if she just invited me to her room and I didn't confess. While I am the tiniest bit worried that this gets hostile and we break the perfect little more-than-friends relationship we've built to this point (she's not that kind of person, but hey), I am more worried that this distracts her and bogs her down just as her uni semester starts. Confessing would reaaally clear a lot of the fog for both of us, I suppose.

But at the same time, if I do confess to her...it'd be a terrible time to do so. Until two and a half months later, I can't even be there for her, physically. It'd be irresponsible to expect her to be okay with this kind of relationship, and I really really don't want to put her through that.

All that said, though...I will find my solution. Give it enough thought and alone time and I probably will end up doing something. But the reason why I posted this today is partially to get it off my chest somewhere, and partially to gather a little more justification that I've really been quite blind.

~

...It's probably a bad idea to post this online. But I've gotten to the point that if I don't do something with the feelings inside, I'll start going all emo and being nasty to people. Which would suck. So there's very little to lose, I suppose ^^

And while it'll be a cool idea to talk about this to people in real life, I really don't want rumours to spread yet. External influences can really mess with the sincerity and authenticty of a relationship. I guess people who know me could find this post if they tried hard enough...but they couldn't be that desperate. So hey, it'd be a cool story to share to you guys at least :)

Thank you so much for reading up to this point, guys. <3 Appreciate it~
[close]
i do youtube! ^^
(totally not because i'm lazy to convert .sib files over to finale, no no~)

BlackDragonSlayer

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • Black Dragons Beware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 14, 2017, 08:22:32 AM »

It's one of those rooms for one
what kind of college has these rooms
that aren't super expensive

Just wondering, and perhaps more so to the ladies out there...is there any other situation where you'd let a guy into your room and basically sit around with him for two hours? :p

snip
I think the best call in this situation is just to be honest. It seems like she's fairly comfortable around you, and you should let her know that you want to be in a relationship with her, but you feel like it's just not the optimal time due to the circumstances you described.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Nornova Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread

Zunawe

• Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 14, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »

Yeah, I mean, why not just say it? Tell her that thing you told us about what you want. Talk to her about it. Because what else are you gonna do except leave it hanging or somehow get into a commitment you didn't want to be in.

Tell her you like her but you don't think right now is the best time for you. Maybe go on an official date first or something, I dunno. Context. But don't abandon it and leave her not knowing why and you not knowing if.

You can't ruin it by being honest and mature.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

AmpharosAndy

• Epona Elegy
  • Am Bri'ish innit
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2533 on: August 14, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »

what kind of college has these rooms
that aren't
super expensive
ftfy

You can't ruin it by being honest and mature.
Genius

Theez guys know the bizniz

SlowPokemon

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • GRAAAAAHH
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2534 on: August 14, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »

Open and honest communication is key, don't just try to figure out if she's into you like a high schooler would. That's just dumb. Make a move or tell her how you feel or ask her how she feels like a grown-up.
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.