News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Update, Sunday January 1st of 2012

Started by Winter, December 31, 2011, 11:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Hello again! This year's first update will be something different than normal. A group of forum members organized a project aimed at checking every sheet on the site for quality and accuracy. This led to an entire overhaul of our sheet music. They began their efforts by focusing on the Metroid section of the site. Today we will share with you the sheets completed so far. Every sheet arranged for Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid II: Return of Samus, and Metroid Prime has been redone to match our new quality standards.

A big thank you to Shadoninja (Arranger, Quality Assurance) for orchestrating this project! The members that helped make this happen are listed below:

fingerz (Quality Assurance, Arranger)
Sekter77 (Quality Assurance, Arranger)
SlowPokemon (Quality Assurance)
pumpy_heart (Quality Assurance, Arranger)
spitllama (Quality Assurance)
DekuTrombonist (Arranger)
And me, Winter (Arranger, Quality Assurance, Updater/Uploader)

Now for the lineup! The rest of the Metroid Replacements that weren't finished today will be uploaded and attached to our next routine update, keep your eye out for them.

Metroid
[NES] Metroid - "Brinstar" - Brian Auyeung, Adrian Currier
[NES] Metroid - "Ending and Credits" - Olimar12345
[NES] Metroid - "Escape Theme" - MetroidHunter26
[NES] Metroid - "Item Found" - Megaman64
[NES] Metroid - "Kraid's Lair" - G-Han
[NES] Metroid - "Norfair" - Olimar12345
[NES] Metroid - "Ridley's Hideout" - Tranzlater
[NES] Metroid - "Title Theme" - Olimar12345
[NES] Metroid - "Tourian" - Olimar12345

Metroid Fusion
[GBA] Metroid Fusion - "Final Mission" - MetroidHunter26

Metroid II: Return of Samus
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Ancient Chozo Ruins" - Olimar12345
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Title Screen" - Olimar12345
[GB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - "Tunnel Theme" - MetroidHunter26

Metroid Prime
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Artifact" - Joel Hands-Otte
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Chozo Artifact Temple" - Brian Ross
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Crashed Frigate" - Thomas Wilson
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Magmoor Caverns" - MetroidHunter26
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Menu" - G-Han
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Phendrana Drifts" - MetroidHunter26, Shadoninja
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Tallon Overworld 2" - Musical Toxin
[GCN] Metroid Prime - "Title Theme" - MetroidHunter26

Happy New Year everybody!

manio

Thank you guys for all your hard work =)
And thank you winter for writing the update and everything you do :P
Ruto 2015: "but what I really want to do after that is go to fucking"
"so what's the best way to get to fucking"

Winter

One more thing.

We wish you a Metroid Christmas and a Harvest Moon Year!

Thank you guys, you're appreciation is all the compensation I need!

Meta-Ridley

I'm so happy the standard lifting is actually happening! quality sheets is what makes this site what it is, and I'm glad we've got such dedicated staff behind this, and working towards a better NSM! BTW if you need me to help out just ask :)

Cobraroll

Out of curiosity, I listened to my favourite Metroid song, the Brinstar Theme. It being refurbished and replaced is great, but it really should have had a key signature (one b at the beginning, changing to two later on).

Is there a reason for leaving this out?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

If I recall correctly, That key signature caused quite a few accidentals.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

pumpy_heart

Quote from: Winter on January 01, 2012, 12:32:21 PMIf I recall correctly, That key signature caused quite a few accidentals.
It clashes with the G major chords at the beginning. If I had to give it a key signature, it would be G major (one sharp) actually. Every single other chord can be seen as a tonicizing chord or a simple mixture. But no key signature works as well, as key isn't defined by key signature.

Ending and Credits for the Original Metroid is in the key of D with the same sort of deal. Any notes out of key are mixture chords.

Offkey

Nice work peeps, keep it up! One thing I was wondering though, what's the idea behind numbers above every measure? I thought it was a bit distracting at times, no offense though!
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

Shadoninja

Quote from: Offkey on January 02, 2012, 09:27:49 AMNice work peeps, keep it up! One thing I was wondering though, what's the idea behind numbers above every measure? I thought it was a bit distracting at times, no offense though!
that'd be my fault. I have a habit of putting measure numbers in because I put them in my own sheets.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

I usually just put them at the beginning of every line, it's fairly easy to figure out from there.

Also sorry about never getting my sheets done -__-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Are updates going to be weekly again, Winter?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Winter

That's dependent on whether my grandfather actually plans to take my house from me. since we moved out here he said he'd get us a place and help us until we got jobs (which I just did great at my most recent interview)

but out of the blue he says he's not paying for anything now. So we're screwed. Thought I knew what family meant.

I know he's not really required to pay for us or anything, but he's the one who wanted us to be out here in Oregon with him so bad, so why bring us out here, then fuck us over? we can't come up with $1200 by the 8th :/

Moral of the story... If I still have a decent amount of time through all of this when my parents don't need emotional support, I'll do my best to update weekly.

I miss having the weekly updates too ^.^ </rant>

blueflower999

Well I hope everything works out between you and your grandfather.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 03, 2012, 05:57:37 AMI usually just put them at the beginning of every line, it's fairly easy to figure out from there.

Also sorry about never getting my sheets done -__-
it's okay. have you looked over the main theme?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman