News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Olimar's stuffs

Started by Olimar12345, December 24, 2011, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

...Well? I think its too short. On the other side, I don't want to repeat it again because that would be boring...Ideas?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

Wow, nice job. Sounds pretty cool.
I really liked the development around measure 73. However, the ending doesn't seem to be as drawn out as the development, merely just a repeat of the main idea. It works, but if you want to expand, I'd suggest adding more solo options before that development starts. It sounds kinda jazzy to begin with so this addition would fit the style.
I thought it was a pretty good length, but if you want a 10 minute piece or so, you could give everyone a solo or optional solo over a constant bass trombone line.
The ending could be more drawn out, maybe repeat the main idea with more improvisational options or expand the range, as it also fits the style.
Hope I helped. Though really, I don't think the piece needs help at all haha.

Olimar12345

Thanks for the feedback! After litstening to it a few more times I think the length is not an issue. However, I would kinda like to expand that part at 73 (like you suggested)-I'll play with it and see where it takes me. Thanks again!

Olimar12345

Whats this? New stuff?? Well I'll be...

FSM-Reapr

Olimar12345

...thats the end of the statement... stop spamming. -_-'

FSM-Reapr

spitllama

Lolol language barrier ftw. "Well I'll be" is a phrase which means the speaker is surprised-- typically from an unexpected occurence. I suppose a simple equivalent would be "wow."
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jompa

I really liked "the Black Horse Troop" !
Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345

Tahnks! Glad you like it.

Olimar12345

Bump oh hey look a recording

FireArrow

Hahaha, I am now your only follower.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Alright! WOOO‼ lol I don't really advertise that thing anyway xD

FireArrow

Is everything you posted a composition?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department