News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Adventures of Tintin

Started by Dudeman, December 22, 2011, 05:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

I saw The Adventures of Tintin yesterday (opening day!) and I thought it was excellent. The animation was stellar, the story was gripping, and Spielberg managed to not lose any of the slapstick humor so classic of the Tintin books. What are your opinions on the new movie?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

GoronsOrchestrated

Woah! What was it like!? Ive been meaning to go see that... (i.e. so no spoilers...)
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

Cobraroll

Visually awesome, though it doesn't explain very well why Tintin decides that "this is a mystery that has to be investigated", and pursues the villain.

But I liked it. Saw it twice; once subbed, once dubbed.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

I want to hear John Williams's score for the movie most of all. :) not sure if I want to see Hugo instead though, because I already have the score and it's excellent (and the movie's been getting great reviews).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

First animated movie of the year I actually want to see, partly because it looks awesome, mostly because it has freakin Andy Serkis in it!(played Gollum in LOTR)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dudeman

I know, right? I was looking at the credits and when Captain Haddock came up it said "Andy Serkis" and I went  :o :o :o :o
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

GoronsOrchestrated

I just saw it, and it was EPIC.
And concequently I recently read The Secret of the Unicorn...

... ಠ_ಠ

Dudeman

Heard the news? Because Tintin did so well in Europe, Spielberg and Jackson are going to make a sequel, but with their roles reversed: Jackson directing, and Spielberg producing. One of the featured characters in the sequel: Professor Calculus! ;D

SuperFireKirby

OMG I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE NOW. STEVEN FUCKING MOFFAT WAS ONE OF THE WRITERS.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: Dudeman on December 31, 2011, 10:07:50 AMSpielberg and Jackson are going to make a sequel,
Of couse they are! They left us hanging at the end!

... ಠ_ಠ

SlowPokemon

It was pretty great. I give it 8/10

Sebastian

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 23, 2011, 03:30:17 AMVisually awesome, though it doesn't explain very well why Tintin decides that "this is a mystery that has to be investigated", and pursues the villain.

But I liked it. Saw it twice; once subbed, once dubbed.
I think their gonna make a sequel. I liked it too!
John Williams did an excellent job the music too!!

Yugi

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 22, 2013, 01:57:18 PMI think their gonna make a sequel. I liked it too!
John Williams did an excellent job the music too!!

I know!!! There's a piece called "Sir Francis and the Unicorn" that John Williams wrote for the movie, it's my favorite from that soundtrack