News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Mega Man 9 Arrangement Help

Started by 60FourMaster, November 24, 2011, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60FourMaster

So I want to do a big band arrangement of Mega Man 9's soundtrack. I just have no clue of how to go about it though. What I mean is, I don't know -how- I should arrange it. I don't know if I should do it like a standard arrangement where each song is it's own and it flows from one to the next, or if I should mix some together (like using elements of two songs in one section) or if I should go by movements. Gah, starting is always the hardest part. So I'd like some advice from the pros here.

I want to use these songs:
-Title
-Splash Blue
-Thunder Tornado
-Concrete Jungle
-Magma Burning
-Overdrive Scramble
-Flash in The Dark
-We're The Robots
-Wily Machine
-Staff Roll

So... what do NSM?

Shadoninja

it would probably be easier to have one song playing at a time and transitioning to the next one.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

But if your creative, you can find places to use more than one melody at a time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

Darn, where are we going to find creative people? Oh wait.

insaneintherain

I've done a lot of medleys, and from personal experience, using one song at a time is sufficient. You might want to just "quote" melodies from the different songs. If you're really good at arranging, key changing, and harmony *cough* like me *cough*, you could put like a 1 measure fragment of each melody in a finale at the end and build from there.