Your Awkwardest Moments

Started by Ragster2448, October 13, 2011, 01:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster2448

Well, the title says it all. I always hate it when there's awkward silence, then when someone tries to talk you talk at the same time. Then everyone is silent again, and it's even more awkward. I have this happen to me all the time.

Shadoninja

every day is an awkward moment :U

also the cure for awkward silence:

"You are talking to an acquaintance or having dinner with your coworkers.  The conversation suddenly comes to a crossroads and no one knows where to steer it.  The silence has extended past the 6-second mark and the awkwardness is increasing exponentially.  Worst of all, you were the last person to speak, so everyone thinks the awkwardness is your fault.

The Solution:  Sudden, loud noise"

source
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Ragster2448

haha XD I'll try that next time.

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 13, 2011, 02:06:30 PMevery day is an awkward moment :U

also the cure for awkward silence:

"You are talking to an acquaintance or having dinner with your coworkers.  The conversation suddenly comes to a crossroads and no one knows where to steer it.  The silence has extended past the 6-second mark and the awkwardness is increasing exponentially.  Worst of all, you were the last person to speak, so everyone thinks the awkwardness is your fault.

The Solution:  Sudden, loud noise"

source
I do this all the time.  I'm not an awkward person to begin with, but most of my friends can be awkward or can't find something else to talk about.  So I'll just yell out "BLOOPABLAPOO."  Works like a charm.  Except in restaurants...everyone looks at you like I'm a freak. AS IF THEY HADN'T KNOWN.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

My whole life is one big awkward moment. -_-
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

the thing that just happened in that other thread.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

I don't want to remember these XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Olimar12345

Ugh...Try working retail. EVERYTHING is awkward....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Winter

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 13, 2011, 08:54:41 PMUgh...Try working retail. EVERYTHING is awkward....

I quite understand this.

Cobraroll

Quote from: Ragster2448 on October 13, 2011, 01:58:01 PMWell, the title says it all. I always hate it when there's awkward silence, then when someone tries to talk you talk at the same time. Then everyone is silent again, and it's even more awkward. I have this happen to me all the time.

Try "There is awkward silence. You try to break it. Awkward silence continues as if nothing had happened".

Awkward even when you should have been used to it. *sigh*
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 14, 2011, 02:28:55 PMTry "There is awkward silence. You try to break it. Awkward silence continues as if nothing had happened".

OMG THIS ^^^All the time in a grocery store...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

I am a very likable person. Except that I'm so shy when I meet new people it's not funny :/. this means LOTS OF AKWARD MOMENTS. If they can get past that we''ll probably be great friends :)

Roz~

Last Thursday, 2 pm. I had friends in my room at Uni, and since it was late and I had a class at 8:30 am, they decided to leave. My male friend rushes out because he doesn't want to miss his bus, which turned out to be the last one of the day. He didn't get to the bus stop on time... in fact he got lost. xD I didn't want him to walk back to his apartment, because it was a ~2 hours walk, so I told him to come back in my room. We didn't really know what to do, so we talked until 3 am. I offered him to share my bed since I really wanted to sleep and he couldn't really sleep anywhere else. My bed is freaking small. It was kind of awkward.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.