News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Tasty Food Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, September 17, 2011, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

OMG KEFKA YOUR NEAR/IN SEATTLE, RIGHT? You need to go to the giant fish market on the water front. BEST SALMON I'VE EVER HAD.

Seattle's fish market is one of it's best features

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Yeah! Seattle has great fish!

There's this great restaurant in Capitol Hill called Coastal Kitchen. The owner spends 6 months in a country learning local recipes then brings them back to the restaurant in Seattle and changes the menu. It is AMAZING!

Nebbles

what

DrP can you take me there ;A;
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: DrP on September 17, 2011, 05:27:18 PMYeah! Seattle has great fish!

There's this great restaurant in Capitol Hill called Coastal Kitchen. The owner spends 6 months in a country learning local recipes then brings them back to the restaurant in Seattle and changes the menu. It is AMAZING!
I think i ate there for lunch on my last trip there! It's really close to the fish market, right?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: Nebbles on September 17, 2011, 05:27:53 PMwhat

DrP can you take me there ;A;
Last time I went it was Cuban cuisine, this time its Moroccan (you can look at the menus here) -- and I wish, but I don't live in Seattle. However, if you come visit me here in SLO, I can take you to here or here

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 17, 2011, 06:03:57 PMI think i ate there for lunch on my last trip there! It's really close to the fish market, right?
Probably not. It's on 15th, so it's far from the water (because Im sure the fish market is close to the water, like the Pike Market)

Nebbles

-packs bags- To SLO then!

...I wish. xD

DrP

... well, have you ever been to California??? You definitely should one of these days (I do make a great tour guide [even though I'd rather live somewhere else])

I personally love Big Sky because there is so much stuff to choose from (and the majority of the produce and meat is LOCAL -- as in San Luis Obispo County Local -- so IT IS FRESH AND AMAZING!)

Nebbles

I haven't, actually. I've got a few relatives, though. So if I ever am visiting, and nearby, we should totally hang.

We need an NSM meet up one day u_u

KefkaticFanatic

I will be on thursday, but I don't like seafood.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

KefkaticFanatic

Well the only seafood I've liked is marlin, and that's the stuff you're never supposed to eat ever unless you like mercury poisoning.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 17, 2011, 07:13:04 PMI will be on thursday, but I don't like seafood.
I used to hate it, but I warmed up to it slowly.

Now I'll eat salmon all day if I could!!!

(I still hate Lobster, Crab and other shellfish minus Shrimp and Clams in Clam Chowder) -- normal fish is still delicious. (Except the Silkas my grandmother makes for Kucios [Google it])

In terms of other great food, The Brooklyn is an amazing steakhouse (and seafood restaurant too!)

EDIT: And since I didn't eat dinner, I am now SUPERRRRR hungry and all the food places on campus are closed. Oh how I can't wait for 24 hour pizza to start up in October!

Ragster2448

I think Crab legs are really good, the only problem is that you have to work for it. :P It's kind of annoying when you break the leg open to find a hair of meat.

SuperFireKirby

I'm not a big salmon fan but the salmon from Pike Market OMG SO TASTY.

But the best seafood is definitely Ahi Tuna. It's the steak of the sea. Get it encrusted with pepper corns, best seafood evur!

Saria

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. MADE TAKOYAKI, BUT THEY WEREN'T PERFECTLY ROUND. TEH OCTOPUS WAS PERFECT, THOUGH. :3
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday