Can Someone Delete This?

Started by MasterProX, September 16, 2011, 07:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

pumpy_heart

It's been 4 days haha. Give it time.
I don't know any of these games, but I can give musical advice. In "Bad Apple!," you use 2 dotted quarter notes followed by a quarter note. This is basically forbidden. It's much clearer to show the third beat, so to have dotted quarter, then eighth tied to a quarter, then quarter. Makes it much easier on the reader. I would also spell the B natural that occurs throughout the piece as a Cb. This makes a Cb major chord, ergo it's function is clearer.
In "Lunar Clock", the dotted rhythm in the first measure in the treble clef is a horrible pain to read. Same guidelines as before, but you can show the quarter note division to be even clearer. The same thing with the Cb respelling. And the dotted notes in the 3/4 section. I was really hoping to hit something different with this second one haha.
I'll do the newest one from the newest game, I presume. "Ten Desires" would definitely be a challenge, but there seems to be nothing incorrect about it.
Good job on all of these! Impressive for a new arranger. :)

pumpy_heart

I know what you're saying. I can read the rhythm too. But it's just simply incorrect when it comes to standard notation practice. The rhythm has been around since Bach and should definitely be arranged the described way.
Whenever my piece had that rhythm, it wasn't accepted to the site. Just letting you know.

pumpy_heart

Really nice piano arrangement of Darkening Dusk. I like it. Good job.
In measures 4, 11, and 15, beat three isn't shown. In duple meter, the second beat must always be clearly shown. The same thing happens in measure 13.  Change the dotted quarter to an eighth tied to a quarter and you're good to go. The convention of a dotted half note has become so well identified that it's the exemption, not the norm when it comes to notating that rhythm. So measures 5 and 8 are fine as is.
In measure 9 and 11, the only way to get that chord in the bass is to roll the chord. If you use the smart shape tool that looks like ~~~~~~~ (also known as a glissando tool) to shown the roll from the lowest note in the bass to the highest note. It changes the sound of the chord significantly, creating an arpeggiation. The other option is to have the chord in closer position to be able to hit all the notes at one time.
Keep on arranging. I enjoy hearing your arrangements. :)

pumpy_heart

If that's the case, you should notate that. Put a bracket with a dash over the upper notes and have "L.H." at the beginning of the note.

Dude

Are you trying to replace my arrangements or just do those songs for non-submission? ._.

Dude

Well I did U.N. Owen and Phantom Ensemble already... so I was just wondering what you were doing.

Dude