News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Final Fantasy X Remake

Started by triforced1, September 14, 2011, 09:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforced1

YESS

I never played the first FFX, but I'm definitely getting this one. But it makes you wonder, why would Square Enix do a FFX remake so quickly... without even bothering with some of the other great games in the franchise like V and VI?

MassiveMayhem

I would like to see a FFVI remake. Too many fans these days haven't played the old ones.  It's easier to make a remake for FFX because it's just the same game but in HD.  They're doing the same with Metal Gear Solid HD: includes, MGS2:Sons of Liberty, MGS3:Snake Eater, and MGS:Peacewalker. All in HD in one game.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

triforced1

I'm getting MGS HD collection. I wish they could have included MGS 1 though.

And I agree with you it would take a lot longer to do FFVI, but I hope they can come out with it soon. ;D

MassiveMayhem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOa6Id6PCiM
It comes with MGS2, MGS3, MGS Peacewalker, MG1, MG2 and I guess what a product code, you can get MGS1! :D

triforced1

I didn't realize you could get it with a product code. That just put it at the top of my list of games to buy.

Roz~

DO WANT. And it's not a remake, they're "remastering" it since they just have to polish the graphics. It's completely different than remaking older games like FFVII to FFIX.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

triforced1

I'm surprised they haven't remastered this yet, actually. It's usually Japan has a thing for releasing things EXACTLY 10 years after they're first released. But whatever. Square Enix must have just gotten lazy :P

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: triforced1 on October 15, 2011, 09:27:27 AMI'm surprised they haven't remastered this yet, actually. It's usually Japan has a thing for releasing things EXACTLY 10 years after they're first released. But whatever. Square Enix must have just gotten lazy :P
They have been getting lazy overall. I mean I LOVED Final Fantasy XIII. But the only thing that bothered me was that they focused on CGI and graphics more than gameplay. It took FOREVER for you to assemble your full team.  I'm not bashing on it, it's one of my favorite games.  Good Story, GREAT GRAPHICS, and lovable characters.

triforced1

Final Fantasy XIII was OK, but it wasn't my favorite. I'm more of a retro guy myself, but if they remade some of the older games with better graphics, then I would be so happy. But I agree, Square Enix is getting lazy. They haven't made any REAL games since XIII came out.