News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

Bubbles

SPOILERS

But if Chelmey was there, how did the dog rip his coat? If the dog was real, then how did the fake grocer give Layton a steak to give him? Nigel and the other people were real, but they all left and went to Dropstone. You can see in the ending credits Nigel going to say hello to Anton when he goes back with the group to Dropstone, so he was real but the one that Layton met in the castle was a hallucination.  Pavel and Stahcenscarfen were actually there? I just thought that they were placed there since Layton and Luke remembered them from the Curious Village, and that Joseph was Layton's subconcious telling him that something wasnt right about the town

Kman96

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on November 18, 2012, 07:14:03 PMThats pretty cool that they get real artists to sing songs for them :D

I have a few questions about the game that have been bugging me:
(sorry about the small font but if someone gets their game ruined by these spoilers I'd feel really bad)

If Beluga was Anton's brother, his only sibling, then how is Sammy his nephew? Does he have a wife that they never mention? He doesnt seem like the type who would be called "uncle" by a family friend, comsidering he seems to hate Sammy

Was Chelmey, Beluga, and the other people even at Folsense at all, or were they just hallucinations as well? If they were, then how did an imaginary dog rip open his pocket. If they werent there, then how did Layton's mind know what the ripped up picture looked like?

Nigel was a hallucination as well, and Im under the impression that Anton was the only actual person in the village. How did he ge food then? I doubt someone of his status would have a farm, but if he believed that Nigel was serving him dinner each night, how did he survive for 50 years on nothing?

Sorry if I ruined the game with my over analyzing :D
The village did exist, it was just extremely run-down due to the fact of people hallucinating, thinking it was still a hey-day place...I'd pretty much agree with Slow, except perhaps they were all there, just really really REALLY old, kinda like Anton? Idk. But yeah, there's plot holes here and there...

And don't even get us started on The Unwound Future's HUGE cliffhanger.
OMG.
Party Hard!
[close]

SlowPokemon

No, Bubbles. Not everyone was a hallucination. Kman is right, it only makes sense if most people were actually there. Just, they weren't there as Layton was imagining them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BonusPwnage

The Layton games are so underrated, and I think that's only because so little people in America know about it. Layton is hardly iconic, compared to other characters, like Mario or Sonic, yet I love his games just as much (if not more) then theirs.

Kman96

Part of that love, for me, would be that the Layton games have the most dynamic plot lines out of any game I've ever played. And I just can't resist an intriguing story in a video game.
Party Hard!
[close]

BonusPwnage

I love how the plot twists always throw me off guard!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on November 19, 2012, 07:58:54 AMPart of that love, for me, would be that the Layton games have the most dynamic plot lines out of any game I've ever played. And I just can't resist an intriguing story in a video game.

Hmm. You need 999.

Also, Layton games aren't underrated, they're just not well-known. Their ratings are actually pretty good.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BonusPwnage

Well, I guess that's what I meant. Still, I've seen some harsh reviews...

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Nebbles

MoboMoga

He looks a bit child-sih in my opinion.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney coming in three days!! YAYAYAY! (I'm not fan of Prof Layton much, but this game looks so FUN!)

Nebbles

HEAVY BREATHING

IT BETTER COME TO THE US IF IT DOESN'T I WILL ACTUALLY CRY

Ayuna

Quote from: MoboMoga on November 26, 2012, 09:16:40 PMHe looks a bit child-sih in my opinion.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney coming in three days!! YAYAYAY! (I'm not fan of Prof Layton much, but this game looks so FUN!)

^this! I do hope they bring this game out in the west, it brings together two of my favourite franchises. There are already some videos up on YouTube of the Japanese version - I sneaked a peak and I definitely want it even more now!

I ink my favourite professor Layton game has to be the curious village, just because it was a real mystery to me, I had no idea what to expect! Now that I know something is always fantastical with the Layton series, I kinda know to expect something out of the ordinary!