News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Professor Layton

Started by SlowPokemon, September 14, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite minigame? (Diabolical Box version)

Hamster
Camera
Tea Set

Nitro Indigo

On an unrelated note, I saw someone on a YouTube comment saying the dog in Lady Layton should be voiced by Danny Devito.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Bubbles

omg!! I need a translation of this. This looks so cute

I don't really know if I like the idea of a talking dog but I'm holding off any negative comments until I fully know what this is bc I can't understand japanese

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on July 27, 2016, 09:16:35 AMOn an unrelated note, I saw someone on a YouTube comment saying the dog in Lady Layton should be voiced by Danny Devito.
I saw someone comment that Lady Layton should be voiced by Danny DeVito.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nitro Indigo

I now declare that everyone in the English dub of any video game should be voiced by Danny DeVito.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

BlackDragonSlayer

The internet quietly rejoices.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nitro Indigo

I also saw someone else on a YouTube comment say that she should get a crossover with Apollo Justice.

Nebbles

I AM READY FOR LADY LAYTON
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Hero of Trains

I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it, I just hope the plot is good too.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

SlowPokemon

Poll
What's your favorite Azran Legacy town?
Froenborg
- 2 (18.2%)
Kodh
- 0 (0%)
London
- 3 (27.3%)
Phong Gi
- 0 (0%)
San Grio
- 3 (27.3%)
Torrido
- 0 (0%)
Hoogland
- 0 (0%)
Mosinnia
- 2 (18.2%)
The Nest of Iniquity
- 1 (9.1%)
Total Members Voted: 11

New poll coming shortly.

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on July 27, 2016, 07:34:18 AMMaybe you could write a plot analysis? I don't know why, but sometimes I like looking at criticisms for things I like, provided that the criticism is reasonable (I've seen people call Spirit Tracks an "abomination" in earnest), and said thing isn't the legendary lowest-ranked platformer.

I totally forgot about this, but I'll still do it at some point.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

What's your favorite minigame in the Professor's Trunk? I skipped over Curious Village because one of them is just collecting gizmos, the second is just putting a single puzzle together, and the last is trying to decorate the inn rooms to the protagonists' likings--none of which are really any fun. Diabolical Box is where the minigames started to become more fun or at least require more thought, and my personal favorite (and possibly my favorite of the entire series) is the Tea Set. I can't think of anything more Professor Layton than collecting tea ingredients, brewing different blends of tea, and then serving them to people who are stressed out or sick.

The reason I love this game is the same reason I enjoy the Dress Up game from Azran Legacy--it's rooted in character and charm. This gives you an appreciated chance to learn a little bit about the NPCs (Diabolical Box features 36 different requests, no less) and interact with them more than the game would allow you to normally. The early Laytons are especially notorious for having tons of NPCs who only ever give you one puzzle or a couple lines of dialogue.

However, I expect the Hamster game will be more popular as it is the one that really caught my attention when I first played the game, and it's a tad more interactive as you have to figure out a potential layout that will allow the hamster to travel a lot of steps. I don't really expect the Camera game and its subtle "spot the difference" puzzles to be really popular.

What do you guys think?

Nitro Indigo

I was thinking about Professor Layton earlier on today, and how it's considered one of the best series on DS even though it's for "casuals". Then it hit me - Nintendo had lost most of their third-party support in the fifth generation, and appealing to casual gamers got it back. Not to mention, since the DS was a handheld, it gave them more room to experiment without burning down the internet.

SlowPokemon

Layton isn't a casual game. It has something for everybody.

Nitro Indigo

That's why I typed "casual" in quotation marks.

EDIT: Here's an interesting video.

SlowPokemon

Aww that's a cute video.

Nitro Indigo