News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Spitllama's arrangements (Paper Mario TTYD "Story of The Thousand-Year Door")

Started by spitllama, August 17, 2011, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Uhhhhh not sure if I should be proud of this one. It's a little iffy...

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2-

Battle! Colress (requested by November)
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Measure 25: the second to last note in the right hand (lines up with B in the left hand) should just be an F#

Other than that, it looks to be an accurate representation of Colress's theme. It's a crazy hard song to arrange, kudos to you for doing such a great job--though at this difficulty level, I doubt anyone would learn it note for note XD

Yeah, this song would have been way too hard for me to arrange. This is really cool, might put it on my iPod even if I don't plan on learning it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 13, 2013, 03:40:56 PMMeasure 25: the second to last note in the right hand (lines up with B in the left hand) should just be an F#

Other than that, it looks to be an accurate representation of Colress's theme. It's a crazy hard song to arrange, kudos to you for doing such a great job--though at this difficulty level, I doubt anyone would learn it note for note XD

Yeah, this song would have been way too hard for me to arrange. This is really cool, might put it on my iPod even if I don't plan on learning it.
This pretty much covers everything what I was going to say.

I never get to help anyone ;_;

Edit: I forgot to say but A+++++++++

SlowPokemon

Hey Spitllama, would you mind if I posted this on youtube?

Waddle Bro

Let him do that. :P This is going to be hot stuff in Youtube!!!

SlowPokemon

spitllama

Sorry I had to go buy eggs xD

Thank you very much Slow! I really appreciate it. I'm still not sure on the LH for measures 33-36, but it'll have to do. The notes are just too low for me to hear sometimes.

Thank you anyhow Waddle. It's the thought that counts :D

As for the YouTube thing goes, I do have a channel. I'm planning on putting it up at some point. Were you going to put it up as straight up sheet music? Or you playing it? Or?

EDIT: Measure 25 fixed
Submissions Page

SlowPokemon

Nah just an MP3 file; if you have your own channel then you should do it yourself.

spitllama

Psh go for it. Make dat video. Linking to my channel would be great but it's not necessary.

Submissions Page

Waddle Bro

November

Quote from: spitllama on January 13, 2013, 03:35:08 PMUhhhhh not sure if I should be proud of this one. It's a little iffy...

Pokemon Black 2 & White 2-

Battle! Colress (requested by November)
Original
[ZIP]

Fantastic :D I didn't think anyone would actually end up taking it, there were so man auxiliary sounds that you can't really translate into a piano, but you did an excellent job! (I'd reply in the original thread, but I think you're more likely to see this here)

Thankee very much~

spitllama

First arrangement in 4 months!

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Versions-

Research Lab
Original
[ZIP]
Submissions Page

FireArrow

Really great arrangement. In measure four, shouldn't the sharps be flats becuase your traveling down the chromatic scale? I know Jompa put those there, but it goes against what I was taught.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jompa

You even credited me :'(
It turned out to be a great arrangement Spitllama! Good job!

Well about accidentals:

measure#4: This is actually correct. FireArrow suggests that the sharps should be flats, because of the chromatic stuff going on, but that's where we get fancy: in a key of sharps, the naturals for the notes with sharps are flats. It is the same in a key with flats, just that then the naturals work as sharps. So we are actually correctly going down the chromatic scale.
And those sharps you see are just "naturals"(since they are the sharps in the key) for the "flats"(the naturals for the sharps), so they aren't wrong to put down :)

meausre#4: about the D# - since we are going to a D in the next measure it could be argued that there should be an Eb there instead. But since it is a B7 chord, I think a D# is better - so yeah, keep that.

measure#5: because of that D# in measure#4, the D(plural) in measure 5 should be parenthesized.

measure#9: same as with measure#5, the D(plural) should be parenthesized.

measure#15: just for the chromatism of the chords in this area, I think the A#(plural) should be Bb. It is not so pretty when there is both a G and an A# in the same chord, AND when the A# is going to an A anyways. Keep that A# in measure#14, though.

measure#16: that B should be parenthesized, because of the Bb(plural) in the last measure.

measure#18: here your PDF and your MUS are different? Your MUS uses an E#, while your PDF uses an F natural. Your PDF is the right one, and it should be an F natural. and measure#19 is correct.

GJ!
Birdo for Smash

spitllama

I fixed measures 15 and 18. I ignored the others because performers are supposed to assume that accidentals don't carry over to the next measure.
Submissions Page