News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

What is your favorite Nintendo 64 game? N64

Started by ASH501ST, July 16, 2011, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Quote from: Bespinben on July 16, 2011, 09:28:36 PMYou guys stole all my answers XD

...Pokémon Snap was great. I think they should make a Pokémon Snap 2 for 3DS that utilizes the gyroscope to create the effect of moving around actually taking pictures (like with the first person view in Legend of Zelda OoT 3D).

They used to have giant online petitions for a Pokemon Snap 2....  Never went anywhere :'(

KefkaticFanatic

Shocking, everyone knows giant online petitions generally get lots of things done!

me irl
[close]

Winter

Bespinben

Well yes, but if you're not good at staying in the sweet spot, then you can just turn it to 2D mode for a little bit. But yeah, trying to swish the camera back and forth trying to get as many snaps of Pokémon as possible while staying in the 3D sweet spot would be a pain.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

fabbemannen

Looking up a folder with N64-roms
Let's see...
Paper Mario (need to finish it)
Banjo-kazooie/Tooie (need to finish them)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (funniest game ever (need to finish it))
Diddy Kong Racing (Good memories from playing it in Norway)
Donkey Kong 64 (need to finish it)
F-Zero X
Kirby 64 (need to finish it)
Ocarina of Time (need to finish it without hacks)
Majora's Mask (need to finish it)
Mario Party 2 (The little I have played of it, N64 online FTW!)
Mario Kart 64 (GCN and Wii versions was better)
Megaman 64 (It actually was really fun, but got stuck and stopped playing)
Pokemon Snap (I didn't like it really, and I don't think it will get a sequel)
Pokemon Stadium (Cousin's house)
Super Smash Bros 64 (The only one I still play frequently)
Super Mario 64 (need to finish it without hacks (I even got more than 120 stars :/))

From a guy that doesn't even own an N64. Out of principle, I don't buy games online = no Wii Shop = emulators :/

Sekter77

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie are definitely two of the games that I've beaten the most, and they're still fun 10 years later!
Super Mario 64 was also lots of fun, and Mario Kart 64 is my favorite in the series. It's also provided hours of endless fun playing against my friends.
Super Smash Bros is also great for multiplayer.

Honorable Mentions go to Donkey Kong 64 (I actually like collect-a-thon games) and Mario Party 3.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

Uh.
I've only played two N64 games... SM64 and MK64.

And I STILL DON'T KNOW WHICH TO PICK.

Bespinben

I just bought the orginal Super Smash Bros. from my local classic video game store (awesome right?). That marks three times I've bought that game now  :P  (first was when it came out, then my family lost it somehow; second was to replace the first, but then we gave our N64 and games to my older brother and then someone broke into his apartment and stole all of it; third was yesterday for the fun of it)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 16, 2011, 09:51:57 PMUh no, that would be horrifying.  The view angle on the 3DS is dismal, so in order to use it as such you have to be holding it stiff in front of you or be seated on the ground.  If you're in any moving vehicle it's literally impossible to use.

[only slightly bitter]

Well... not really. I played OoT in the car on a long drive somewhere and never had any issues at all. It is a bit inconvenient, but really, it's not hard at all to just press start and turn off the motion controls. I would be all for a Pokemon Snap that could utilize the gyroscope, seeing as the motion could be turned off when needed.

Also, favorite N64 games:
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Snap!
Pokemon Stadium (I really need to buy this game, haven't had it in forever)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pikminmaniac

I'd have to go with Rayman 2 because it was the only game during that gen to do 3D platforming right IMO. The Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie style was just not what I wanted

Ragster2448

Finally someone else agrees, Rayman 2 is one of the best adventure games for the Nintendo 64. Even though the bosses were kind of easy, it still was really fun.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 20, 2011, 03:44:31 PMit's not hard at all to just press start and turn off the motion controls.
The problem is that they didn't bother working on the standard controls and your aim sensitivity is absurdly low.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

^That is also true.

Also, POKEMON STADIUM GET :3
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Pikminmaniac on July 28, 2011, 08:24:41 AMI'd have to go with Rayman 2 because it was the only game during that gen to do 3D platforming right IMO. The Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie style was just not what I wanted
I agree, It was a nice game. Can't wait for Rayman Origins!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Meta-Ridley

The N64 had the most amount of good games for me. My list is:

Super Smash Bros. - the great start to a truly awesome franchise
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie- the great platforming coupled with the humerous and well told story line make this my third favourite franchise ever.
Diddy Kong Racing - haven't played it in a while, but I remember having heaps of fun.