News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 09, 2017, 11:42:11 AMbut if you got the same response via email it would have taken longer to hear back from them
In theory, yes, but in practice, there's usually a difference in the quality of response you get.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

I'm going to have to disagree and chalk this up to you having that one bad experience.  :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

See, the thing though is that it's more than one bad experience! That's why I felt the need to complain about it in the first place.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I mean, depending on who you bank with, odds are pretty good you could've used whatever online banking service they provide and simply reordered a new card yourself. Unless you bank with some small/local institution that don't provide such services.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Plus, being that it was a bank, you would probably opt for the safer method of contact since, you know, they're dealing with your money.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Pet peeve: The singers at my school who are in the top level vocal ensemble but can't read music and don't have their parts learned 2 days before the fucking concert.

What the fuck people
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

I don't mean to overgeneralize but working with singers even at a college and professional level is extremely...like that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

as a music theory teaching assistant i can say i agree
singers are USUALLY the worst

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The best part is they're trying to tell me I'm rushing the accompaniment, when I'm actually already dragging so much it's painful to listen to and they're still behind

Like I know that as an accompanist I of course have to follow them but please don't make my job any harder by having a shitty sense of time
what is shitpost

LeviR.star

Choir rant
We had a concert last night, but we were supposed to have it next week, until they decided to erase 6 of our rehearsals. Our band did fine, but our concert choir didn't even have their music memorized, so our director had us bring these binders onstage with us. Sure, they were all black and generally the same size, allowing for a little consistency, but we would have had it memorized if my bass section wasn't always getting off track. There's at least 1 guy from each grade there that's always trying to grab some attention, and when our director sends us off into sectionals during rehearsal, only half of us are actually singing. Our section is made up of multi-year Chorus All-Staters, but also the biggest goof-offs, so the basses are always the class joke.

This is always getting under my skin. The goof-offs are only in the class because the director gives minimal assignments, so they always show up like they're at a party or something, and openly accept they don't know how sing. I'd like to be part of a section that's appropriate for my vocal range, but also one that the director doesn't constantly stop to hear just them sing a part of a song because they're almost always the problem when there is one.
[close]
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Yeah when singers tell you you're playing wrong it's actually very funny

Accompanying is USUALLY about following the soloist, but with vocalists you usually know more than them or can actually read music, so when I accompany singers I always end up leading rehearsals

I mean eh I'm getting paid either way, whether it's to teach them notes or rehearse for a performance doesn't matter to me

E. Gadd Industries

I'm part of a newly-formed youth praise band at my church, and we're still rather small: 3 vocalists and 1 instrumentalist (me), plus the music minister and his wife (both instrumentalists, but not always able to be there due to leading church worship service). It's wild keeping up with them; ever heard the song "Oceans"? It's veeeeeeeeery slow, but they speed it up. And skip some of the bridge repeats (the chords change with some of the repeats) (but in all fairness, the bridge is supposed to repeat like 6 times)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Church musicians is an oxymoron

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The thing I hate about this ensemble is that there's an entire orchestra behind them that's also being conducted so they HAVE to have good time.

Like one of the advanced choir ensemble kids (they're one of the 4 of the class of 20 that can read music) was tapping out the beat and slowed down 20 bpm by the end

WHAT THE FUCK SINGERS
what is shitpost