News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pet peeves!

Started by Nebbles, July 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

They still frighten me ._.

Nebbles

Oh oh oh MAJOR PET PEEVE.

People who make out characters to be wimps due to trauma.

No, no, no. I had an old RP partner who did and I just quit because it pissed me off so much. Yes, people who suffer PTSD can suffer, get ill, nightmares, etc. This does NOT MEAN they turn into spineless, crying wimps who pass out for no good reason. They have a lot to deal with, but it does not mean they are weak! They can still be strong people!

Mental illness =/= turning into a total wimp or a "boohoo pity me!" type of person.

I did a research paper on PTSD too, so christ. Mental illnesses should not be glorified! Neither should insanity!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Agreed.

Doubles negatives - Major pet peeve.

Aren't we just raking in the posts? =3
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Winter

nah, my step dad had severe PTSD, maybe he wasn't physically weak, but he had NO grasp on morality or any control over his emotions... I hate to disagree. people with PTSD really get on my nerves. not the people who make fun of them...

not that I do.

SlowPokemon

Nononono I love Drifloon, I was just associating it with Rule 34 so I cringed x(

Pet peeve: not realizing how late I've stayed up and then having to compensate by sleeping longer
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Quote from: winterkid09 on July 15, 2011, 11:37:14 PMnah, my step dad had severe PTSD, maybe he wasn't physically weak, but he had NO grasp on morality or any control over his emotions... I hate to disagree. people with PTSD really get on my nerves. not the people who make fun of them...

not that I do.

Well, yes, but passing out every 5 minutes "because it's cute" made me want to smack someone. >_> PTSD isn't cute. But I rather not rant you guys to death.

Winter

That reminds me. Good night.

One more pet peeve. people who procrastinate when they own the car and need to take you somewhere.

If my mom's driving, i'm ALWAYS late. >:(
Night guys.

KefkaticFanatic

@PTSD
Yea you're not going to get away with that argument until you go waltzing around a warzone for a few months watching the most horrifying side of humanity right before your eyes.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

My mom's like that. u_u She also forgets to take me out driving... /stares at permit sadly

I also hate people who just text/sleep/whatever in class and bitch about their poor grades. Well maybe if you FUCKING PAID /ATTENTION/ YOU WOULD'VE HAVE FAILED, HUH!? Half my physics class failed because they didn't do work. :| I swear I was the person with the highest grade in that class. It was god damn standard physics, too! The easiest physics class! And we didn't even GET THAT MUCH WORK! /headdesk

Bespinben

Good night!

New pet peeve! When people come up to me while I'm playing my 3DS and say, "Hey, is that the new DS?" thinking it's just another gimmick like DSi or DSi XL. It's new console people! It's not even part of the DS line! It's a new generation!

Winter

Well it does say DS in it's title, the new generation hit with the dual screen era. (ds)

but who knows, I /could/ be wrong.

anyway here's me procrastinating again

Bespinben

Oh Physics! Great class I had, and an awesome teacher. But man, oh man, only like 3 other people and I were actually competent in the class. The others were slackers.

Nebbles

Quote from: winterkid09 on July 15, 2011, 11:46:11 PMWell it does say DS in it's title, the new generation hit with the dual screen era. (ds)

but who knows, I /could/ be wrong.

anyway here's me procrastinating again

Procrastinating buddies!

@Bespinben - You would've wanted to headdesk. I think it's safe to say I was the only kid who was a diligent worker, never cheated (I got cheated off of! I had to move my seat!) or continuously talked. e_e Like gee sorry I want to learn.

Bespinben

@Winterkid - Well, it annoys me because there's no confusion when it comes to Playstation. There's Playstation 1, 2, and 3, all having "Playstation" in the title, but there's no doubt that each succesive playstation is not just some gimmicky add-on or iteration of the same device. Everyone knows that Playstation 2 is of a higher generation than Playstation 1, even though they both are called "Playstation", so why should there be confusion with the 3DS vs. DS lite, DSi, DSi XL?

Winter

Quote from: Nebbles on July 15, 2011, 11:48:37 PMProcrastinating buddies!

yay!

@Bespinben

Gameboy came first, in which classified the generation,

GB Pocket
GB Color
GB Advance
GB Advance SP
etc...

then DS

DS
DS Lite
DSi