Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

I should keep you on task more often! Thank you!  ;D

btw...i feel like a music noob right now lol but i've never heard of 15ma. it's on the last measure? what do i do there?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

This is probably the first time I've ever been told one of my arrangements looks easy :P Yay! (But that's probably because I usually always tackle really complex songs that would naturally result in tough arrangements) Thanks Nebbles :)

Oh, Night, 15ma is pretty much "double" 8va. Instead of playing one octave higher than written, you would play 2 octaves higher than written. AND I WANT TO SEE SOME MORE YOUTUBE VIDEOS FROM YOU!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

IAmYou

I think in measure 5 that last rhythm in the right hand should be and eigth tied to a sixteenth and then a dotted eighth, rather than the other way around. Just looks more natural that way. Also, near the end, where the rhythms in the right and left hands are the same, they should be notated as such. I would change the left hand.

pumpy_heart

Pwetti.
As well as what IAmYou said, the rhythm in the bass of measure 15 and 16 should be the same as the treble. In measure 5, I'd use a Gb instead of an F#. Falls to the F in the next measure more than the F# does.
Good job though.

Bespinben

Problems solved! Thanks for the help as always guys. I'm sort of embarrased about my mistake with measures 15-16 :P I remembered that you're never supposed to write 2 dotted quarter notes in succession in duple meter, but I guess I forgot to do the same for the left hand. Haha~

Bespinben

Surprise, surprise! A non-Pokémon arrangement! I was scrolling through the Ocarina of Time arrangements when I found that the amazingly epic Ganondorf Battle theme had not yet been arranged. Being one of my favorites from that game (another being the Final Ganon battle theme [also not yet arranged]), I had to arrange it.

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ganondorf Battle" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

While writing out the song, I quickly discovered why the song had not yet been arranged - the time signature is BONKERS. If anyone has any opinions concerning the time signature, please feel free to share with me your opinions. Also, I'm very unsure if there is a definite key signature for this song, so please share your thoughts on that matter too. Thanks!

Dudeman

I'm pretty sure the song is in 8/4 if you listen to the bass (divided into three-note sections), and I think the key signature is C minor.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Quote from: Bespinben on October 10, 2011, 01:35:50 AMSurprise, surprise! A non-Pokémon arrangement! I was scrolling through the Ocarina of Time arrangements when I found that the amazingly epic Ganondorf Battle theme had not yet been arranged. Being one of my favorites from that game (another being the Final Ganon battle theme [also not yet arranged]), I had to arrange it.

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ganondorf Battle" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

While writing out the song, I quickly discovered why the song had not yet been arranged - the time signature is BONKERS. If anyone has any opinions concerning the time signature, please feel free to share with me your opinions. Also, I'm very unsure if there is a definite key signature for this song, so please share your thoughts on that matter too. Thanks!

Wow... That is a pretty weird signature... lol

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DonValentino

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 10, 2011, 12:50:17 PMARE YOU KIDDING ME THAT'S THE BEST SIGNATURE EVER.

I SAID IT WAS WEIRD, NOT BAD! I KNOW ITS EPIC AND KICKASS!  ;D Just like Ganondorf! 

Bespinben

Hehe, thanks guys! Big thanks to Dudeman for the key signature suggestion; I've implemented it into the score now ;) I will have to disagree with the time signature being 8/4, since I experimented with it and found it to not work at all. I'm still concerned about my enharmonic spellings though...

The epic tennis match of the century between Link and Ganondorf, only on channel N64...

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Thank you Slow! Always a pleasure :)

Woohoo! It was hard but definitely worthwhile with this arrangement. It's such an awesome song. Now presenting the "Monster House" theme from PMD 1!

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
"Monster House" (SOLO):
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

James Bond much?  :P