Bespinben's Arrangements! (020: "The Way Home" [帰り]~ PKMN Super Mystery Dungeon)

Started by Bespinben, July 02, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Well, I arrange for two pianos so I can get more instrumental parts into my arrangements (the original OST for Sky Tower has a celesta, a choir, a string section, a flute, an 8-bit sounding bass line, and a synthesizer). I've been helping Clanker37 fix up his arrangement of Sky Tower (which is for solo piano), but as you mentioned earlier, the link to it on his submissions page is broken. If you wanted to learn Sky Tower on solo piano from my two piano arrangement however, you'd have to pick out for yourself which parts are the most essential, which most of time is the bass and the flute, but that's a little too much to ask of a new pianist like yourself.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

...whoa, all those instrument things confused me xD That all converts into piano how?

oh god I am such a noob
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on July 11, 2011, 09:18:29 PM...whoa, all those instrument things confused me xD That all converts into piano how?

oh god I am such a noob
removing and/or combining parts
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 11, 2011, 09:18:29 PM...whoa, all those instrument things confused me xD That all converts into piano how?

oh god I am such a noob

I saw that small text :P
That's fine; it's a reasonable question. I'm not "converting" these instruments into piano per se, I'm just listening to what notes they play via a youtube video and then write those notes into my music writing software.

And thank you for doing that Clanker! You'll probably get a lot more views on it once the link is fixed.

Nebbles

Oohh, all right. I...think I understand? xD

Clanker37

Quote from: Bespinben on July 11, 2011, 09:54:28 PMAnd thank you for doing that Clanker! You'll probably get a lot more views on it once the link is fixed.
You should get all the credit. I'm practicaly stealing your notes XD

Bespinben

But you have to compress all my notes into a two-hand format, hence the credit is yours. But thanks for the thought! Also, "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" from PMD 2 which I'm working on is starting to look pretty good! I can't give you a peek just yet, but expect something (hopefully finished product) within the next 24 hours.

Clanker37

But without your notes it would still be a horrid arrangement!

Also 'I don't want to say Goodbye' makes me cry. I know that the arrangement will be stunning.

Nebbles

Bespinben

Due to popular request on the Request forum (and due to my own long held desire to do so), I have completed my arrangement of "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 EoT/D/S! Wonderful song. I have not yet edited it for proper beaming and finger positioning (not to mention lots of ledger lines), but all the notes are there, and it's fully playable. Enjoy! Bask in nostalgia overload!

[DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Don't Want to Say Goodbye:
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Bespinben

I take that as both a compliment and a warning to myself Clanker  :P. You see, one of the people on the Request forum said they would prefer a more difficult version of the song, so I included a second voice in measures 89 - 103. However, I need to be sure I do things like that sparingly because, as we both know very well, difficult arrangements are not accepted very often on Ninsheetmusic - just see how many of Maestro's arrangements get on site XD (4 out of his library of what, 30 submissions are actually on site). Here's a tip when going through measures 89 - 103: the notes with the accent marks are the melody, whereas the notes marked stacatto are all the optional second voice. When I convert my score to Finale format, I'll try to make that a little more clear, and possibly insert something to the effect of "Red notes with staccato marks are optional."

Bespinben

Just uploaded Sky Tower Summit from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon R/B RT! I've had it essentially completed for a month now, sitting inside my computer, but I thought it was high time I finished the last 5% of the arrangement and submitted it.

[GBA/DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Tower Summit (Two pianos):
[MIDI] [PDF] [SIB]

Bespinben

A relatively minor announcement, but still very important to many! I no longer use Mediafire for file storage; I have switched instead to Dropbox. Why? Two major reasons: (1.) Some on Ninsheetmusic forums have been unable to access my arrangements because Mediafire has too many ads that it crashes their computer (Oritendo for instance), and; (2.) Dropbox provides direct linking, which is awesome. Direct linking means that you don't have to go dropbox.com to download a file. Rather, you just have to click on the link I post for the sheet music and ~TADAA~ you've already downloaded the file.