The Seventh NinSheetMusic Superlatives! (Here They Are...)

Started by E. Gadd Industries, December 31, 2021, 10:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Hello and welcome to the official thread for the Seventh NinSheetMusic Superlatives! We're still in the process of figuring out a host, but I figured I would get things going now so we can indeed have a Superlatives for 2021 (or I guess 2022) :D

SO! While we figure out who will be running this show, we're gonna go ahead and open up nominations for our list of superlatives! They were finalized over on our community Discord server, and they are greatly reduced in number compared to last time...

We are now in the voting phase! See details below!

Spoiler
1. Friendliest
2. Funniest
3. Most Chill
4. Most Likely to be a Closet Weeb
5. Biggest Simp
6. Most Sus
7. Highest Achiever
8. Best Vocabulary
9. Best Artist
10. Best Arranger
11. Most Musical
12. Most Wholesome
13. Best Peacekeeper
14. Best Profile Pic
15. Most Helpful
16. Most Improved
17. Most Skilled Gamer
18. Most Reactions/Emotes
19. Most Likely to Be Online
20. Most Likely to be Lurking
21. Most Likely to Not Actually Exist
22. Most Inconsistently Active
23. Most ?? ?? ??
24. Most Likely to Host Next Superlatives
25. Most Likely to Nominate Themselves for This Superlative
[close]

For the nominations phase, send me a PM either on the forums or DMs on Discord nominating who you think would be fitting for (preferably) each of the superlative categories! You can nominate as many individuals as you would like for each, and the top 3-4 will be chosen! (Or however many the host chooses.)

The nominations phase will last for 2 weeks, ending on 1/14/2022 (unless we need to push that back). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! And if/when someone steps up to host, we will arrange that transition, they'll get all the nominations, etc.

The voting period lasts from now until Saturday, 2/12 at 11:59 PM EST! You may access the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1dKktpVsnOAHbhbTNNkzUJ7mNR8KeyoplHkEDiqZspsFNuA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please reach out to me, Jake_Luigi, or Maximum256/NineLives if you have any questions!

After enough time (I take the blame for the waiting!), we finally have the results of the superlatives! See the post below for the full list! :D Thank you all for your patience and participation!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

ALLLLRIGHTY!! After all this waiting, it's finally the time! You've! Been! Waiting! For! At least, I think so.
They have been waiting for this, right? I'm not just- alright, yeah, okay, that makes sense.

ahem Anyway, after all this time of not having superlatives, we finally can present to you the 2021 NinSheetMusic Superlatives! (Or is it 2022? The world may never know...)

Before we begin, however, I have to give a big shout-out to the other two hosts of this year's superlatives; they really made this all possible! Life got a bit too busy for me, but they took the lead and made basically all of this! All I did was make some announcements, organize some dates, and look pretty. Well, two of three is perhaps good enough!

So yeah, a MASSIVE thanks to Jake_Luigi and Nine Lives (Maximum256 on Discord) for all your hard work!

One more thing before we get into the results: These superlatives are sponsored by Raid: Sha
*Editor's Note: E. Gadd was promptly drop-kicked off a building for trying that.

Okay, okay, actually the one more thing is this: PLEASE remember that these superlatives are all done in good humor! Nothing is meant as an attack on anyone, and if you have an issue with anything, please DM or ping me or another moderator!

1.) Friendliest
Our first award goes to a user who goes above and beyond to be the NinSheetMusic community's bestest friend, whether it's intentional or not. This particular person has never left a buddy hangin' nor have they failed at being there for their fellow home skillets. Wherever they are, they're there to put a smile on another friend's face, and so this award goes to the most compassionate of companions, congenial of confidantes, and convivial of comrades:
Oh man! Who is it? I'm so excited!
Latios212! What a guy!
[close]
[close]

2.) Funniest
Our second award goes to 2021's leader of our royal court of comedy. While bringing smiles is nice, supplying the group with laughter is the next best thing! This funny fellow's given us all (or at least the 10 people who voted for them) the ha-ha's and guffaws time and time again, and it is for that reason they've been chosen for the goofiest goofball in all of the goofdom... goofland... goofburg... goof- bah, you know what I'm saying.
That goofball is none other than:
Yug_Guy! The occasional Discord meme truly makes our day, Yug!
[close]
[close]

3.) Most Chill
Not everyone can claim to be as slackened as a koala (and even fewer people would've planned to be reading that phrase today). This time, however, we've tracked down the coolest of cucumbers, someone who always has a level head and goes with the flow. In fact, some of us spontaneously invaded their home and all they did was shrug their shoulders and say, "It happens."
That is why 2021's most refrigerated individual is:
Static! Anyways, we'll just grab some stuff outta your fridge and be on our merry way. By the way, Jake wants to be invited next time.
[close]
[close]

4.) Most Likely to be a Closet Weeb
Anime consumes the best of us, even those who swear we'd never look at one of those Japanese super cartoons. While this title won't bring many pointing fingers, given the number of uncloseted weebs within the community, it will surely bring you a shock to know who this seemingly mild peruser of Japanese content is (according to 10 people). In retrospect, it should've been obvious, given this person's love for an Astro Boy-esque character. That hint alone should probably tell you that the winner of this title is:
Spoiler
LeviR.star! Side note from Jake: It's taken me two days to figure out what that hint meant and now I feel dumb.
[close]
[close]

5.) Biggest Simp
Simping is a big responsibility... to some people. This title is a bit confusing due to the fact that it doesn't imply what this person is simping for. Is it NinSheetMusic? Is it everything? Who can say? Either way, the user who obsessed over whatever the most is:
oh gee i wonder...
BlueKirby! Yes that's correct, the Yabsume- er... Yabusame- no, uh...
...wait, no, it is
Yabusame simp herself! Did we mention she likes slugs, too?
[close]
[close]

6.) Most Sus
This being the last year Among Us has won an accolade (Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Video Game), we just had to give out this award for one of our false brethren. All our crewmates have gotten together and have finally concluded who the true imposter is out of us all.
The culprit is none other than...
...A Piranha Plant has been ejected. No impostors remain.
•   ゚  。   .   .      .     。   。 .  .  。 ゚ 。
.   .      .     。   。 .  .  。 ゚ 。  ゚  •   ゚ 
    . •   ゚  。   .   .   。   .  ඞ .   .  .
.   .      .   ゚  。   .   .  。 .  .  。 •   ゚
.     。   。 .   . •.  .  。 ゚ 。  ゚  • ゚ ゚  。  。
[close]
[close]

7.) Highest Achiever
This is the first of the few awards that came down to the wire. Both of these individuals have achieved quite a bit in 2021 and it'd be a shame to exclude one of them just for a single vote difference.
In second place we have...
Latios212 for his continued pursuit to have the site be the best it can be!
And in first place we have...
LeviR.star for finishing his journey to solely complete and/or replace all of the pieces for the first game of the Mega Man series on NinSheetMusic! (Now onto Mega Man 2...)
[close]
[close]
[close]

8.) Best Vocabulary
Verbosity was the name of the game when it came to this super special superlative. Not only did this magnificent mortal take the time to watch their p's and q's as well as dot their i's and cross their t's, but their grammatical expertise was off the charts. It is for that very motivation that this awesome accolade goes to:
*drum roll ensues*
Libera! Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen Libera not use a complete sentence with a capital letter and a punctuation mark, so... kudos to you, my good sir.
[close]
[close]

9.) Best Artist
Artist is such a broad term, but for this instance, we are referring to the many visual artists we have in our community. One particular artisan has brought life to many 3D landscapes within our gaming scene, making them all brick by brick (or should we say "block by block?"). Lots of effort goes into their builds and it'd be wrong to not to bring their work attention by giving this grandiose title to:
:eyes:...
Nana1Popo2! Seems like it was only yesterday we had a fancy new Minecraft project. (Update from Jake: Hello! Yes, as I was writing this there was a new Minecraft announcement, so that's cool.)
[close]
[close]

10.) Best Arranger
Having so many arrangers on the site, you'd figure it'd be hard to choose the best out of all of them. This was the case for sure, as there are two who were highly regarded this time around. Both arrangers have been pulling their weight on and off of NinSheetMusic, and it's important that both get the recognition they deserve for their wondrous efforts.
Olimar12345! Y'know, I learned how to count from this guy. It goes Olimar, Commander, PianoMasta, holland_oates...
Static! Ah yes, resident updater and one of the arrangers to the longest song on site! No wonder he earned this one.
[close]
[close]
[close]

11.) Most Musical
Some of you may be wondering how this title differs from the previous. Well, it takes more than just good arrangements to be musically inclined. It takes a deep appreciation for the art form itself and an extensive knowledge of music's many expressions. Someone who knows the ins, the outs, the ups, and the downs of music.
According to the votes, this would have to be:
Olimar12345! Many enjoyable and informative Discord streams from this one, I will say.
[close]
[close]

12.) Most Wholesome
We all know what this superlative is for. It's for whoever's the cleanest user in all of the community. The winners this time include one who wouldn't hurt a fly and the host with the most moral. Once again, there are two fellows who are up for the title and are near equals in the levels of wholesomeness (or so the ballot says, one vote difference!). The beanie weenies in question are:
Cacabish! Nothing more warm and fuzzy than the well-used fox emotes, right?
Jake_Luigi! I uh... guess bread had something to do with this one?
[close]
[close]
[close]

13.) Best Peacekeeper
Here's one for the individual who keeps the ship afloat during rough patches. No matter what, it's always in this person's interest to keep everyone happy and away from each other's necks. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.
That somebody is...
Latios212! According to these results, dragon-types are slightly better peacekeepers than dragon slayers. Please don't ban me BDS, I'm just making a joke!
[close]
[close]

14.) Best Profile Pic
This one is self explanatory. One of you has a timeless profile picture and people want to tell you they like your style. By "one," of course we mean "two." One of you had your avatar take the Discord server by storm while the other was just a good boi. Please never change your photos. If you do, Jake said he'd cry.
Th3Gavst3r! His picture even looks good in a party hat! Not many profile pictures can claim to be that versatile. Also, according to multiple sources, this "good boi" has been mistaken for a fox on a few occasions. Who would ever do that? Haha...
Bloop! Here are some quotes taken the moment their profile picture was unveiled to the world:
Quote from: TrasdegiMidway between Microsoft Paint funny and cool Photoshop, I present you the GIMP Thing™️!
Quote from: Jake_LuigiThe Bloop stares into my soul...
Quote from: BloopI'll take it!
[close]
[close]
[close]

15.) Most Helpful
Arrangers across NinSheetMusic are always grateful for those who help them get their sheets on track. These two members in particular seem to always have time to lend a hand when it comes to the arrangement process. Thank you for your assistance!
In third place we have...
Kricketune! Always happy to help from what I've seen.
And in second place we have...
Bloop! Same as above, but with emojis! :p
Finally, in first place we have...
Latios! Same as above and above that, but with an all-knowing admin title, or something like that!
[close]
[close]
[close]
Gadd: I wanted to add here that it made me smile seeing that this one had the most unique nominations of all the categories! A lot of people in this community are super helpful, and you're all amazing, even if you didn't win the superlative! Never stop being like this; it's what makes this community so special, I think.
[close]

16.) Most Improved
At times, we are reminded that we all start from somewhere and that we weren't professionals from the start. It's not fair to say that just this one person improved, because, in essence, we all improved this year, one way or another. That being said however, many of us thought that one of our peers made the most improvement of themselves out of us all.
This one goes out to:
Kricketune54! Congrats, man! Keep on keepin' on!
I, uh... may have not been able to figure out the image embed code...
[close]
[close]

17.) Most Skilled Gamer
NinSheetMusic is a site built upon gamers and their favorite game music. That's nice and all, but which of us gamers are major league level? Which of us can admit to having the ability to #rek waves of other players without the use of triangular corn chips and soft drinks made out in the mountains? Isn't it obvious?
PLAYER ONE READY
Wolf O'Donnell! According to the ultimate gamer himself, his favorite games include Minecraft, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Stairfax Temp- er... uh, I mean Starfox Adventures! (Also, speaking as someone who was absolutely destroyed in a 1v1 SSBU match, I can confirm firsthand that Wolf is indeed the ultimate gamer.)
[close]
[close]

18.) Most Reactions/Emotes
For those of you who spammed reactions in Discord last year, today's your lucky day! You get the chance to win something for slapping pictures of funny faces on message after message! We should all know who this superlative belongs to, given the absolute blowout they got in the polls, but in case you're in the dark... well, their army is probably already on its way to plaster your message with endless keks of all species.
With an astounding 84% of the votes, we have...
Atcero, leader of the Kekdog Army! Not even Jake's bread or Lat's laser beams stood a chance against those countless canines. It was a massacre. Everyone spammed :sob:s in the chat, after Atcero reacted with it herself. Need we mention how she reaches the limit on NSM announcements? Anyways...
[close]
[close]

19.) Most Likely to be Online
Here's the part of the ballot where we just point and laugh at the people who are active and inactive in the community. There's not much to these next few. They're... pretty self explanatory.
For this one, imagine, if you will, you just found a funny meme. You go to Discord to share your wonderful image. Two seconds later, you're pinged. Twice.
I wonder who they're from...
Coming seconds after the first ping, we have Atcero! She's probably reacting with five different :kek:s... or a legion of kekdogs...
Fun Fact: Out of the 45,579 messages she sent in the past two years, 2,115 of them contain at least one kekdog! That's 4.64029487% of her messages!
But... who beat 'em to the punch?
The first ping was probably from HeroOfTim! With 17,239 messages sent on the Discord server in a little under a year and a half, it's no wonder Tim made the cut. Although, I'm sure his message count will climb a bit between March 9th and when this is posted (four months from now). I can't quite recall the last time I've seen something other than a green dot next to his name...
[close]
[close]
[close]

20.) Most Likely to be Lurking
We feel your presence in the back of the room, yet we do not see you.
Can you hear us?
I'm not sure they're still here...
Oh hey, it's Dude! Thank goodness, I was afraid they'd left!
[close]
[close]

21.) Most Likely to Not Actually Exist
Then again, were you ever truly with us when we kept mentioning you repeatedly?
I mean, Metroid: Dread kills you, but you keep typing...
Are you a pathological liar?
You know who you are:
Dudeman! If he doesn't actually exist, then the number of Mega Man 5 fans drops down to... like... seven. That and the SiIvagunner comments would get noticeably less high-quality memes.
[close]
[close]

22.) Most Inconsistently Active
Just to make it clear, superlatives 20, 21, and 22 are just another way of saying that we miss you guys. <3
I swear, we'll hear nothing from this winner in months... then BOOM an NSM lore dump that involves Ganondorf, a midi keyboard, and simulated lightning strikes.
Absolute. Legend.
Bespinben! Remember guys, respect your elders, or else they'll Bespinbeam(tm) you into next week!
[close]
[close]

23.) Most ?? ?? ??
By this point, we're running out of ideas for good superlatives, so we just thought we'd do the annual wild card vote. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you just love that sweet, sweet NSM lore), it seems to be tradition as to who wins. This year is no different.
I guess we're really doing this again, huh?
The winner is King Sammer, because of course he is! Who is King Sammer, you ask? (Gadd, this is your time to shine, 'cause the rest of us ain't ready to be in charge of that situation!)

Gadd: Hoooo boy, this whole debacle spun into existence and came to its crashing end before my time, but it was close enough that I was able to see it all. Wild. Absolutely deserving of ?? ?? ?? if I ever knew anyone here. King Sammer was just... truly a category all their own. They even created a mock-NinSheetMusic forums after being banned and made accounts that mimicked various members of the active community of that time.
[close]
[close]

24.) Most Likely to Host the Next Superlatives
It feels like for this one, most of the nominees were picked because they were already hosting it this year. It's a safe bet, but you guys could've been a little more spontaneous.
Anyways, since they were both high votes, that means they have to host it again, right?
Jake_Luigi! Man, it feels weird typing this, huh?
So, like, sidenote: It's an honor to be hosting this, y'know? Never in a million years did I think I'd get the chance to prolong this amazing tradition.
Shout-out to NineLives (Maximum256 on Discord) for typing most of the drafts for this! Be sure to thank him, alright? Anyways, onto first place...
They'll never catch a break...
It's E. Gadd Industries! You'll never be rid of us! Keep those superlatives coming, man!

Gadd: I'll certainly do that if that's what the people want! Although perhaps next time I'll be a bit more organized. Also community involvement is cool! ;D
[close]
[close]
[close]

25.) Most Likely to Nominate Themselves for This Superlative
Aaaaalrighty gamers, it's Jake again, and this is the one we've been waiting for! (And by 'we' I mean 'I' because I've had plans to write this one up for like a month now!)
Anyhow, the results are in:
In third place we have...
BlueKirby! After all this time, I thought I could trust Blirby to keep the integrity of this totally serious vote, but it seems others didn't agree and put her on the ballot.
mastersuperfan! Getting the same number of nominations as Blirby, msf is apparently more likely to take advantage of meme-atic democracy... Yeah, that checks out.
Atcero!  If it was anyone, anyone that would do it for the memes, it was definitely the Queen of Hot Takes herself.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Now, why did I want to write this one up in particular? Well, the answer is simple:
The winners are not completely correct.
Did they actually vote for themselves in the final form?
Well, I mean, yes, BUT out of the three people that voted for themselves in the original nominations, none of them made it to the final vote!
So... congrats also to the three people that voted for themselves when nobody suspected a thing! I'm watching you...
The only one I'll spoil is Joe. Who's Joe, you ask?
Well, that's actually a great question, because we have no idea. Someone just wrote 'Joe' for all the nominations, including the NSM name, so technically, it counts.
[close]
Gadd: I also wanted to add in here that someone nominated me, and that's funny on a meta level because I never participate in nominations or votes for things I host! >: D Take that!
[close]

Gadd: Woo-hoo! That's all we have for these superlatives! Thank you for your patience, and once again, big shout-out to Jake and Nine Lives for running this with me! Perhaps next year, there won't be such a long wait :J but who knows! That's for next year to figure out!! Thank you all for participating! Until next time, E. Gadd out!

Just kidding, I'm a mod here. I'll always be watching, even when you least expect it. ;P
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Awesome job to everyone involved! These superlatives take a lot of work. Not sure what to think of being voted "Most Likely to Be a Closet Weeb", but I'll take it, and thanks for voting me "Highest Achiever".

does this mean i have to watch anime now
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Atcero

Yes, it's the law.

Also thanks nerds for your votes! I promise to continue to react and await the day emojis will be added to the forum in which I will die from old age.

Thanks again for the team for doing this :kekdog: yall are great
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Fantastic Ike

Glad to be a part of the superlatives this time! I mainly mean voting and such, but it was nice to be nominated too!

Kricketune54

Thank you everyone who voted me most improved, and thanks to everyone who helped me get there!

BlueKirby

im glad to know my simping is truly appreciated here. i will continue to obsess over a fictional character as i occasionally and incredibly inconsistently attempt to make the funny sheet musics
pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Nana1Popo2

Not me randomly checking the forums for the first time in ages and seeing this :D (pleading face, too)

Wonderful!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

The Musical Poet

I like making terrible titles for my schoolwork, but I never follow through.