News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokemon Unova Region Help

Started by Piano_Pika_, June 05, 2011, 12:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piano_Pika_

Hey, just wanted to know from the ppl who already started/finished pokemon white/black, which is the best starter to get? (i'm going to get white version)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 06, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
I like your enthusiasm about everything. XD

Greg

Tepig, Snivy, or Oshawott?

Tepig will evolve into Chaoboo and then Emboar, becoming both fire and fighting type pokemon. This is the only starter where the evolution gains a new type. Tepig is great at the beginning because there are a lot of grass pokemon in the first couple of towns. However, there are so many fire type pokemon later on in this game that you may not want to pick a fire starter. If you get the Liberty Ticket and catch the legendary Victini, it is Fire/Psychic. Also, if you are playing Pokemon Black, your headline legendary Reshiram is Fire/Dragon.

Snivy will evolve into Servine and then Serperior. Snivy will be useful when you are going through caves and bodies of waters because both rock and water are weak to grass. However, he will be weak in the desert where pokemon know fire moves and in the forests where bugs live.

Oshawott will evolve into Dewott and then Samurwott. Water pokemon are important because there are quite a few TM and HM water moves that you will need for the game such as Whirlpool, Surf, Waterfall, and Dive. Samurwott can learn 5 out of the 6 HMs in the game, making it quite valuable.

No matter which starter you pick, you will get one of the element monkeys: Pansage (grass), Pansear (fire), or Panpour (water) from a lady outside of the Dreamyard. You will get the monkey that can compensate for your starter's weakness. For example, if you picked Snivy, you will get a Panpour.

With all the added elements to make sure the game is "equally hard" or "equally easy" for everyone, you can't go wrong with any of the starters this time around!

Thar you go.

Piano_Pika_

thanks greg! choosing between tepig and oshawoot.  ;)

Winter

I picked Snivy, and eventually abandoned it for better pokemon :P

Olimar12345

I picked oshawott. Never regretted it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Serperior <3

Samurott is ok. I have an Oshawott in my white.

Emboar, just no. I am one of the haters of Emboar's design and typing. My brother likes it though :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastervenusflytrap

My serperior is awsome and pretty damn strong and I'm new to da site.

mastervenusflytrap

I have dragon eggs but i dont know how to set them for this site! HELP

Winter

Click Profile at the top. Then click Forum Profile Information. or something. then post the Code in the signature section.

Piano_Pika_

how "off-topic-ish".  ;)

I see the water starter is better.. but what's bad with snivy? just wonderin

Greg

His name.

It sounds way better in japanese. "Tsutarja"  :D

Roz~

Serperior's atk and sp. atk stats are meh. You can still set up with Coil/Clam Mind, but in game that's meh.
Samurott and Emboar are better stat wise. Slower than Serperior but Emboar have Nitro Charge.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

IAmYou

Snivy and his evos are only really very good for defense. They aren't very remarkable. Tepig or Oshawott would be the way to go for stats. Snivy and his evos look better, though, and I picked him my first time through.

mastervenusflytrap

Serperior can learn earthquake mine learnt it here's it's attacks:
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Frenzy Plant
Dragon Claw

Shadoninja

Quote from: mastervenusflytrap on June 05, 2011, 08:19:26 PMSerperior can learn earthquake mine learnt it here's it's attacks:
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Frenzy Plant
Dragon Claw

ew frenzy plant.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman