News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Video Game Myths

Started by Dude, April 11, 2008, 05:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo-Kazooie

You should do the myth of Stop'n'Swap in Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie. It has a big backround story. :)

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, but that isn't a myth, its a canned idea.

me irl
[close]

Lildigipoke2

why toad in Super Mario Brothers (when you beat a castle) is flipping you!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

David Hauffe

In Animal Crossing for GameCube, there is a Myth that in the water, while traveling to your island, you will see a very, VERY large shadow for a fish. It was known as the whale, and my friend has shown me what he tried to do to get it.

He has an Action Replay, and while traveling, he used it to walk out into the water, and by some means of un-godly forces, he was able to fish while standing there. After many, MANY skippings of the date we found the whale and he got it to bite the rod and then it ran away.

It took him 10 minutes to walk to the head from where he saw the shadow. That is how big it is.

Gooch

I've heard of all the other myths, but suprisingly (especially for being the Zelda junkie i am) haven't heard of the Temple of Time myth. please ellaborate, i would like to know about it.

PianoMan

Here's a myth that I was dumb enough to believe for a while: the Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS myth. I actually started a small Word file with info on it before I figured out how gullible I was. Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0j0mugicby

Gooch

I remember that, i spent hours trying to hit that wall just right. Ack, i want to kill whoever started that bull.

KefkaticFanatic

Anybody that believes things like that is more or less an idiot.  If it isn't found in the games code within a month then it doesn't exist.  If the game is incredibly massive, then use common sense to determine if the "trick" is legit.  Going through huge long procedures of random crap is not legit.

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Mike

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 11, 2008, 01:49:57 PMDuke Nukem Forever.

There's recent gameplay footage. Though what's nice is that once it's released, we'll have time machines, the Phantom console and other crap that was supposed to come out at the same time as the game.

Quote from: The-Real-Link on April 12, 2008, 07:40:26 AM3. Metroid Project "Dread" (There's even in-game references to that!)

Sorry, but it isn't a myth. Nintendo had announced it, then they just stopped talking about it. Though they never said it was canceled. I still have hope. A 2D Metroid sequel to Fusion plz.

DBJack

But it said in-game fusion was the final game in the series chronologically.

At least I think it did.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Mike

Yes, it's currently the last game in the chronology, meaning currently it's the last chronologically, once a sequel will be released that will be the last chronologically and same goes for it's sequel.

Also in-game it did not say "This is the last game chronologically"