If you were a pokemon, what pokemon would you want to be and why?

Started by ASH501ST, May 29, 2011, 07:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Greg

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Winter

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fingerz

Hahahaha! That's what happens WHEN YOU'RE THE BIGGEST POKEMON!!!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

ASH501ST

Quote from: Roz~ on May 29, 2011, 07:35:34 PMMaybe you should learn how to spell its name properly before you tell people you want to be one.

hahaha, oops I tend to make spelling mistakes, cobraroll can tell you that ;)
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Cobraroll

^YOU FAILED TO CAPITALIZE!!!!!  ;D

Also, Lucario is pretty cool:

Diversity? Check, Lucario can use a wide array of attacks from both sides of the spectrum.
Super-intelligence? Semi-check, Lucario can talk using telepathy/aura, which is close enough.
Thumbs? Nah, but being able to lift things with psychic powers makes up for that. No playing video games, though...
Super speed? Extreme speed, actually.
Able to tye its shoelaces? Without lifting a finger.
Flight? Nah, but it can jump very high.
Swimming? Not so much. But it can dig.
Would the government send out their men in black to catch it? They could try, but no way they would succeed...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

fabbemannen

Cobra really is convincing =P

But I go with Ditto (can transform into everything), Mew (same thing + almost all moves) or Mewtwo (cause he's so darn intelligent and powerful + telepathy)

ASH501ST

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 31, 2011, 09:02:44 AM^YOU FAILED TO CAPITALIZE!!!!!  ;D

Would you give me $20 if I ever caught you making a grammer or spelling mystake? Just saying.
Quote from: fabbemannen on May 31, 2011, 10:32:16 AMBut I go with Ditto (can transform into everything), Mew (same thing + almost all moves) or Mewtwo (cause he's so darn intelligent and powerful + telepathy)

If a Ditto transformed into a Mewtwo would that mean it would also gain its intelligence?  Because a Ditto is probably not as intelligent as a Mewtwo is.
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Cobraroll

^No way ;D. English is not my mother tongue, so I'm not very good at it. I guess that's why all these mistakes people do on the Internet annoy me that much. If I, who've barely spent a month in an English-language country, am able to spot the FAILS (as they shall henceforth be known as), the ones who are natively speaking the language certainly should.
And you should know how to spell "mistake"...

When people write as bad Norwegian as I see English in YouTube comments, I visualize them as drooling idiots who never even graduated from the kindergarten and don't know which way to put their pants on. After all, when reading, you "hear" the text in your head, and I'd imagine people who speak like that to be legally retarded.

Back on topic: Ditto would be cool, but as far as I can recall, it can only transform into things it can see, or it might get details wrong. So you'd be spending most of the day being a pink blob the size of a basket ball, or transformed into furniture, or perhaps your pets.

Also, being a Mewtwo means never getting a chance of meeting others of your own species. It's unique after all.

As for Mew (and this goes for all other legendaries too): Keep one thing in mind...

Another Pokémon it would have been cool to be: Weavile.

Diversity? Sort of... well, not really. Weavile is a one-trick pony. But boy, how it does that one trick.
Super-intelligence? Cunningness, at least. Much like wolves. And it's the only Pokémon (apart from Unown) to have developed a written language.
Thumbs? Minus points for this one. Weavile's claws would cut apart anything it tried to grab.
Super speed? Oh yes. And not only that, super senses to support it as well. Not many Pokémon are able to run that fast through forests and frozen tundra in the middle of the night.
Able to tye its shoelaces? Nope. It would probably slice its shoes apart if it tried.
Flight? Nah, but it can jump very high. And probably sneak onboard a plane it it needs to fly.
Swimming? Yes. Weavile can learn Surf.
Would the government send out their men in black to catch it? Weavile would flutter unseen through the forest and remain a mystery for truly dedicated lunatics. The vague reports of its sightings would never bother a government agency. And even if they did find out about it, Weavile wouldn't be found unless it wanted to.
Other? Weavile is the ultimate ninja; fast and hard-hitting. Also, being of the Ice-type, he doesn't bother with howling winds and hailstorms. No freezing? Yes, please!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

Quote from: ASH501ST on May 31, 2011, 07:02:04 PMWould you give me $20 if I ever caught you making a grammer or spelling mystake? Just saying.
It's spelled "grammar"[/picky]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude