News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pirates 4

Started by Harvest, May 23, 2011, 11:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

So I went into this movie expecting nothing but a bunch of ridiculous CGI everywhere in my face with a kind of funny Jack Sparrow and perhaps some funny side characters.  Well, I didn't get shit.  In fact, this entire movie was a giant kick in the balls.

Jack isn't interesting at all anymore.  The new characters suck.  The old characters suck.  The plot sucks.  There wasn't enough cgi to make me say "well at least it was visually appealing".

Also, I never had any idea what the hell was going on or what anyone was doing, everything was a rehash or a cop out.

2/10.  I expected a 5/10. 
-

Jub3r7

A few of my friends watched it and they all loved it.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Harvest

Quote from: Jub3r7 on May 23, 2011, 12:08:15 PMA few of my friends watched it and they all loved it.

I might have liked it when I was in grade 2 as well, but an intelligent person will have trouble enjoying it.
-

SuperFireKirby

I lost faith in these movies after the second one. Disney doesn't deserve your money.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

It does. Just not for this.

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 23, 2011, 12:20:59 PMRising sophomores :P
One rising sophomore and one rising junior. so ha

Greg

He's still half right.  8)

I don't even know why I'm here, since I didn't watch it.  :P

fabbemannen

meh, I'm going to watch it when it's old and dusty and I can see it for free on the tv

KefkaticFanatic

That seems to be the general review consensus.  I honestly don't bother if a film has an average score below 6, or below 55-60% on the tomatometer.
And I mean really, how could you have possibly thought it might be even a hint of good in the first place.

me irl
[close]

fingerz

Watched it. Loved it. Go see it.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

You can't judge something if you don't watch it.

Cobraroll

Watched it yesterday.

To summarize: It's (gruelly) obvious that they made it for the money, though it might be enjoyable if you don't decide to hate it just because of the concept.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Hmm saw it yesterday and I take back everything I assumed.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, probably a 70-80% in my opinion.

What can I say? :P