News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG XVI: Objection!

Started by Liggy, May 11, 2011, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liggy

You're a human, but you don't know which, sorry!  Keep in mind you might also be the miller!

That was the human PM, so don't try anything stupid with it.

http://youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=HVVECt2cP_A

Dude strolled into the courtroom.  He had a case today, but wasn't too troubled by it.  What was it for again?  Larceny?  Murder?  He sorta blanked out when the details were mentioned.  Come to think of it, he didn't even remember the defendant's name!  SoupHireDerby?  He figured it was something like that.

"It's SuperFireKirby, Dude."

The voice caught Dude by surprise.  Shocked, he turned around to see who said it, and found his assistant, universe-X.  He had a knack for guessing what was on his mind, and it scared Dude a litte.

"Oh yeah!  I knew that!"

Dude took his place in court, and looked around for familiar faces.  He remembered the judge, drpamplemousse, from his last trial.  Looking at the witness stand, he found an old friend from the police force, shadowkirby_64.  Dude immediately made the assumption that he was the detective in charge of the case, and looked at the prosecutor, not surprised at all by what he saw.

It was SlowPokemon, the only prosecutor to have ever defeated him in court.

"We will now start the trial for the murder of Liggy, who's body was found in this very courtroom."

Liggy, huh?  Dude vaguely remembered that name.  He couldn't place it, but he felt that he was somehow linked to this crime.  The one thing Dude knew for certain was that this wasn't going to be a normal case.

It is now Night 1.  Night ends Thurday, May 12th @ 8:00 PM EDT.

1. Dude
2. SuperFireKirby
3. universe-X
4. drpamplemousse
5. shadowkirby_64
6. SlowPokemon
7. SuperRiolu
8. Jub3r7
9. askalice23
10. Master_Gamer38
11. gzgregory
12. ETFROXX

NOTE:  The importance in the story or the character in the story has nothing to do with the role.  If you were reading it, you can tell that I just went down the sign-up list and used the first unused person if I needed a new character!

I also randomized both the role list and player list before matching them up, so any "bias" that could possibly be seen is pure coincidence.

Liggy

And since I forgot to mention, and this is a rather important edit I'm going to make a new post.

Please PM me all PMs you send as any sort of alliance or wolf planning, and I would certainly appreciate it if you send me your logs too.  It helps determining MVP so much easier, and it makes this game more interesting!

In other words if I have no idea what you're doing privately how am I supposed to award you MVP?

master_gamer38

Manfred von Karma - Master Wolf - A Wolf who is seer'd green.
Winston Payne - Regular Wolf - A Wolf who has no other powers.
Miles Edgeworth - Revoker Wolf - A Wolf that can, every night phase, select a person.  If this person is Blue, then any powers that they have will be nullified for that phase.

Detective Gumshoe - Seer - Every Night Phase, can learn a person's color.
Phoenix Wright - Guardian - Can select one person every Night Phase.  That person is immune from being killed for that Night Phase.
Maya Fey - Medium - Every Night phase, can PM the host two questions to ask any dead player in the game.  At the end of the phase, the Medium recieves the answers to the questions.  The dead person doesn't have to be truthful in answering these questions.

Larry Butz - Miller - A human who is seer'd red.  Is told he's a normal human.
Mia Fey - Human
Ema Skye - Human
Lana Skye - Human
Will Powers - Human
Marvin Grossberg - Human

For reference.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

askalice23

Alright so here we go. Seer hold off on claiming until day phase. After seer claims guardian claim to the seer. Dont trust your seering to be 100% because theres not only a master wolf but a human who is red. Medium, try to ask players who were wolfed because they are most likely humans and will try to help.

Also, Does the seer only get the color revealed or will they also get the characters name revealed to them?

DrP

I would think the seer PMs the name of the person, so they already know who it is

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: askalice23 on May 12, 2011, 05:39:42 AMAlright so here we go. Seer hold off on claiming until day phase. After seer claims guardian claim to the seer. Dont trust your seering to be 100% because theres not only a master wolf but a human who is red. Medium, try to ask players who were wolfed because they are most likely humans and will try to help.

Also, Does the seer only get the color revealed or will they also get the characters name revealed to them?
I would think only color, because if given the character name it would erase the entire point of having a master wolf/red human. Because you could easily look to see if that character is the master wolf/red human on the character list.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

askalice23

yeah that makes sense. So this game already seems like its going to be difficult. We must be careful trusting the seer's results.

Liggy

Yeah, it's just the color.

Not much point in giving out the character.

master_gamer38

Okay, let's get started. We've already seen that seer results aren't to be trusted. Well, okay. Let's back up that process.

In order to get the seer results out, someone has to post the seer results. This is obviously a problem. Let's figure out a way to do this.

What I suggest is to sacrifice another blue.

If the Medium reveals themself, the wolves would more than likely use their power to stop their ability. This would allow the seer and guardian to contact the medium and start an alliance. The guardian would be able to guard the medium or seer. And the seer would have the medium to communicate the seers to.

Iunno, just a quick thought. Any other ideas?
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

askalice23

That could work. We could have the medium pose as the seer and the guardian guard them. The real seer would pm the medium the results. The wolves can try all they want but they need a lucky guess to stop the seer or guardian's powers.

universe-X

^lolol, that really hurt my head xD

Medium poses as seer, while guardian guards them.
So the real seer can PM the medium seering results.
Wolves guess and fail.

Check. Sounds like a good enough plan o:

DrP

The problem is that the wolves will know that the medium is posing as a seer... 1 of the blues will have to have useless powers, and the guardian is the most important.

The seer can narrow down the results. I feel the medium is much more important later in the game. The seer and guardian should start off working together in the day. Who knows, either of the blues could die tonight and we won't know.

I guess the medium is just a medium of info. Seer should stay quiet and do what U-X said

universe-X

...I sorta repeated what askalice said lol.

In this case, medium should claim guardian... but then again, that probably wouldn't work once the medium is gone for...

gah :S

SuperFireKirby

I suggest the medium (or seer) post any blue seering results as green because keeping our blue will be essential to surviving and we dont want to give the wolves any ideas.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

seer should stay hidden, and medium will claim... however the wolves can use their power to eliminate his powers. If the seer claims, the seering power will be blocked for that night

Liggy: Will the block remain in effect until the wolf changes, or does the wolf have to change the block every night?