News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG XV: Perils of Saffron

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2011, 06:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Saffron awoke to a seemingly peaceful, dull morning. The sky was a very light blue, signifying the beginning of May and that summer was just around the corner.

Dude walked out of his house to find SuperFireKirby and ETFROXX waiting for him. They were heading over to master gamer's place; a small party was in order. The trio chatted idly as they walked, approaching Master Gamer's house.

"So yeah, this just kinda sucks for him, I mean..." ETF was saying thoughtfully, then saw Master Gamer's house and broke off. "...What the..."

Dude looked at the house incredulously. "What the..."

SuperFireKirby's mouth dropped open. "What the..."

None of them seemed to be able to finish their sentiment. Yellow police tape blocked off the door and a small crowd was gathered in front of Master Gamer's place: several familiar faces greeted them. Mashi was looking extremely worried, maybe even paranoid. Askalice, quiet and reserved, his brow furrowed. Jub3r7, a bit scared, but appeared to be in deep thought.

"This is horrible," murmured Dr. Pamplemousse, shaking his head.

"I don't understand..." gzgregory said, shivering. "Why could this have happened?"

ETF ran quickly from Dude and SFK and started picking through the crowd. "Where is he?" she demanded nervously. "Where is Master Gamer?"

No one seemed to want to look at or answer her.

"Where!?" she shouted, frightened.

"He's..." gzgregory began hesitantly, but Raymondbl cut him off.

"ETF, he's...dead," Raymond piped up. "Haven't you seen the news?"

"What?" she said. She must have misheard him. "...Dead?"

"Dead," confirmed Mashi, his eyes darting around nervously. "The Rockets got him, and the Rockets are gonna get me, too, just you watch..."

"Rockets?" ETF repeated stupidly. "They're...they're gone..."

"They're back," said Dr. Pamplemousse darkly. "They're back...and they've claimed their first victim."

"What..." ETF said dazedly, then staggered backwards. Gregory caught her as she was about to fall on her back.

Two policemen exited the house, and they were carrying something long under a white sheet.

"That's...that's not..." ETF whispered, then ran toward them and yanked the sheet off. Immediately her eyes burned with tears.

Master Gamer. There was no mistaking him. His arms hung limply at his sides. ETF staggered forwards this time, and landed on her knees.

"Found dead this morning at 5:30 AM. Death probably occured between 1:30 and 2:00. You don't know anything about this, do you miss?" the policeman inquired sharply. Then his tone softened. "Miss...you feeling all right?"

ETF ignored him and got to her feet with some difficulty. The rest of the crowd rushed to her aid, breaking through the yellow tape.

"How did he die?" Raymond asked the policeman almost bravely.

"He was shot in the head," the policeman said suspiciously.

"Were there signs of a break in?" SFK inquired.

"It's strange that you mention that...not at all," he said even more warily. "The lock on the front door was unlocked...that was all we can find."

"But only Master Gamer and the nine of us had a key," said Jub, puzzled.

"That means..." said Dr. Pamplemousse slowly, "it was one of us."

Mashi fell to the ground in a faint.

"What the hell do you think you're talking about?" Dude growled. "'One of us'...This isn't a game of Clue."

"He's right," said ETF shakily, startling everyone. "We need to figure out who among us are traitors."

"There are Rockets among us," askalice said slowly. "And we need to know who they are."

"To avenge Master Gamer," Jub said.

"To avenge Master Gamer," ETF agreed, seemingly calm at last.

Night one is over. Master Gamer is dead.

It is now Day One. Pick your favorite Rocket and send him/her to the chopping block. Just do it before 9:00 PM EST on Friday, April 29, 2011.

Good luck to all. Farewell Master Gamer.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Okay, so Seer can come out now and the Guardian can claim to him/her.

Also, Mister MG. :(
Wolves are dumb for following Manti Rule though.

SuperFireKirby

Wait, why would we want the Guardian to claim? Or do you mean the guardian send the seer a pm after the seer claims?

Anyway, I think SlowPokemon is the wolf. I mean, how else would he know that MG had gotten wolfed unless it was him who did it!?!?

But in all seriousness raymond is acting kind of funny. The way that first time wolves usually act giving off that vibe of uneasiness. Or maybe it's just me. No other leads though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mashi

Yes, the Guardian should PM claiming to the Seer after the Seer claims.

master_gamer38

Well, I totally called that. Yay for dying night one.

In other words, this game is off to a great start. I don't care that I died. What matters is that there is activity. That's what I care about.

To every player, play your best. Use logic as best you can.

Humans, Gotta catch em' all.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Jub3r7

>.< Ninja'd so many times (3).

Of course you end your post with "no other leads" right when I'm in the middle of making accusations.
The following was written after Mashi's post and before SFK's.

Blaaaah okay now I'm stating outright that I'm suspicious of Mashi.
Using Manti Rule as a cover-up is something he would do, although there's no solid evidence in this theory...

I'm holding off on voting him for now, because the evidence gathered isn't completely reliable.
I know I'm making a direct accusation, but I'm still not 100% sure.  :P

In case I lose internet or something tomorrow, I'll put a safety on SuperFireKirby right now.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

I'm putting a safety on Raymondbl.

Inb4 he goes berserk and says I'm out to get him and then he votes for me.

askalice23

Alright so a good player was killed off first phase. The only thing i have with seer claiming is the possibility of mg being the guardian. Chances are slim but you never know. I say take the risk anyways becase the seer will at least be able to get a seering in no matter what.

So seer claim, guardian pm seer, and lets get started on this wolf hunt.

Mashi

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 27, 2011, 08:15:16 PMBlaaaah okay now I'm stating outright that I'm suspicious of Mashi.
Using Manti Rule as a cover-up is something he would do, although there's no solid evidence in this theory...
Allow me to pose a question then.  Am I the type of person to place evidence on myself Night 1?  Would anyone do that?  You can use the ploy of infinite reverse psychology as much as you would like, but in the end, the chances of me being Human or Wolf are the same.

And to go further with the infinite reverse psychology; a Wolf could have easily wolfed Mister MG in an attempt to make me suspicious, while I at the same time, could have easily wolfed Mister MG using Manti Rule as an excuse.

So in other words, no matter how you look at it, I'm technically as blank a slate as everyone else is.

askalice23

yeah there really isnt any evidence to plot mgs death on anyone. I am suspicious of mashi however he brings up a good point. He is a good player and would he really make a rookie mistake and put the spotlight on him. Although this could be exactly what he wants in that we ignore it because he is a skilled player who is purposly bringing attention to him so that we overlook it and allow him to fly under the radar

Greg

I'm the Seer.

This is my first game of TWG... god help me do a good job  :-\

Jub3r7

Quote from: askalice23 on April 27, 2011, 08:44:30 PMyeah there really isnt any evidence to plot mgs death on anyone. I am suspicious of mashi however he brings up a good point. He is a good player and would he really make a rookie mistake and put the spotlight on him. Although this could be exactly what he wants in that we ignore it because he is a skilled player who is purposly bringing attention to him so that we overlook it and allow him to fly under the radar
Exactly why I was suspicious of him.

Quote from: Mashi on April 27, 2011, 08:36:07 PMAllow me to pose a question then.  Am I the type of person to place evidence on myself Night 1?  Would anyone do that?  You can use the ploy of infinite reverse psychology as much as you would like, but in the end, the chances of me being Human or Wolf are the same.

And to go further with the infinite reverse psychology; a Wolf could have easily wolfed Mister MG in an attempt to make me suspicious, while I at the same time, could have easily wolfed Mister MG using Manti Rule as an excuse.
Those are all valid points, which is why I haven't voted for you yet. I don't want to risk losing a strong player.

Also, guardian should wait for counterclaims before contacting gregory, in case the wolves are giving us the slip.

Question: Is a death post allowed to be relevant to the game? In past TWG's on NSM they usually were, but one of Mashi's recent posts contradicts that idea.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Rule 5 in TWG Rules Topic:

Quote5. One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase. This post must be brief, and contain no information about the game. A player who is lynched, during the Day, may not post again after they are killed.

But anyways, as Jub3r7 stated; Guardian wait a bit in case there's a counterclaim (Though, it's probably unlikely) and if nothing occurs, claim to gzgregory.

Raymondbl

Quote from: Dude on April 27, 2011, 08:16:19 PMI'm putting a safety on Raymondbl.

Inb4 he goes berserk and says I'm out to get him and then he votes for me.
Pshaw, I would never do that!   ;D

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 27, 2011, 07:57:43 PMBut in all seriousness raymond is acting kind of funny. The way that first time wolves usually act giving off that vibe of uneasiness. Or maybe it's just me. No other leads though.
...   I wish I was a wolf.... I've been a normal dumb human in all the three games I've played in.  I'm not saying I'm not one though :) feel free to lynch me, your loss, guys...

by the way, safety on Mashi  I agree, he's been very talkative and confusing lately.  Almost like an outburst of innocence. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Raymondbl

I just remembered I wasn't supposed to edit!  :o  Sorry! Won't happen again. 
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.