Rubik's Cube

Started by chipmunk884, April 08, 2008, 04:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammacha

lol  thats no fun!
I try to figure it out on my own
Nooooooo!
my navis.....
Check out my artwork and leave me your critiques, everything helps just be honest, I will reply everyone ASAP
heres my thread
http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=44.0

Banjo-Kazooie

I can solve them, but I'm pretty slow.

my best time is 2 min 22 sec

lord of the duh

I've never goten more than two sides done.  I'm horible with a rubix cube.  :P

chipmunk884

W00t!  Just got my Rubik's Revenge 4x4 cube today!  I'm learning to solve it, and i found out that once you solve the centers and edge pairs, you can solve it the same as a 3x3, except you can get this thing called parody, but i'm not sure what that is just yet...

MrUnibrow

2 people in my school can solve it less than a minute!  :o I have NO IDEA how they do it.
Hm....

chipmunk884

I can now finally solve the Rubik's Revenge 4x4 cube!  W00t!  I just have to look at my cheat sheet to see the parity algorithms, because they are immensly long!  Here they are, there are four of them:
2U*, 2L*, 2U, 2l, 2U, 2L*, 2U*, R, U', L, 2U, R', U, R, L', U', L, 2U, R', U, L', U
2R*, 2B, 2U, L*, 2U, R'*, 2U, R*, 2U, 2F, R*, 2F, L'*, 2B, 2R*
2r, 2U, 2r, 2U*, 2r, 2u
2U*, 2L*, 2U, 2l, 2U, 2L*, 2U* F', U', F, U, F, R', 2F, U, F, U, F', U', F, R

Imagine trying to memorize those algorithms... anyway, if anyone can do the rubik's revenge 4x4 cube too, just post your time here.  My best time is between 5-10 minutes... lol

starpikachu

omg more rubiks cube solvers! :o it's a fad at school and theres an insane amount of ppl who can solve one in less than a minute. I have one, but it's been lost in my closet for...1,2,3...8 years now

MrUnibrow

Quote from: starpikachu on May 07, 2008, 06:20:55 PMomg more rubiks cube solvers! :o it's a fad at school and theres an insane amount of ppl who can solve one in less than a minute. I have one, but it's been lost in my closet for...1,2,3...8 years now
The rubiks cube was all the rage during the Christmas season at my school. I never really got into it, though.
Hm....

Shadoninja

Quote from: chipmunk884 on May 07, 2008, 04:19:42 AMImagine trying to memorize those algorithms...
i'm having a hard time understanding what they mean lol..
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

chipmunk884

Each letter and symbol represents something.  The uppercase letters are the outer faces, and the lowercase the inner ones.  If it has a ' next to it, it is counterclockwise and if it has a * next to it, it means turn two faces.  Finally, if it has a 2 in front of it, it means turn it twice.

PseudoMario16

lol my cousin can solve the 4X4, but it takes him like half an hour to do it, and it also took him like a week or so to memorize the algorithms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

chipmunk884

Since my birthday is coming up, i'm going to be getting the 2x2 and 5x5 cube, so in total i'll have the 2x2,3x3,4x4, and 5x5! 

PseudoMario16

??? Theres a 2X2. wouldnt that be pretty easy?
if you figure out the 5X5, would you make a video and show me how?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Lildigipoke2

my friend can do it under a minute!

BEAST!

CHOCOLATEEEEEEE

chipmunk884

pseudo, there are already plenty of 5x5 video tutorials on youtube.  so search 5x5 cube on youtube.