Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG XIV: Postgame.

Started by master_gamer38, April 14, 2011, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

askalice23

agreed... inactivity killed this game. Some people didnt vote once. TWG on this site is dieing. No offense to those who participate in games but many sign up and dont play. Its a waste of a slot. Not that i did much in this game 

Super Zombie

The biggest problem with this one was not only the inactivity of the players, but the inactivity of the host.

Also, YA SEE! I WASN'T A WOLF! I'M JUST NATURALLY AWESOME AND CRAZY SO DEAL WITH IT!

DrP

Yep, inactivity... that killed it. I don't think Slow even played once.

askalice23

Quote from: Super Zombie on April 14, 2011, 11:19:29 PMThe biggest problem with this one was not only the inactivity of the players, but the inactivity of the host.

Also, YA SEE! I WASN'T A WOLF! I'M JUST NATURALLY AWESOME AND CRAZY SO DEAL WITH IT!

haha sorry on that one. you were just acting a little odd to me. Now i know your playing style and wont vote you based on that anymore.

Super Zombie

I was just bored because nothing was happening. And what are the odds that another real game will ever start on here again?

SuperFireKirby

6 months ago, sign ups would have already started for the next host and at least 4 or 5 people would have submitted their ideas already. But now? Eventually we'll get one going again I guess.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 15, 2011, 12:16:15 AMYep, inactivity... that killed it. I don't think Slow even played once.

I would appreciate you keeping your mouth shut because thanks to a trip to michigan and a computer virus I was not able to. Like I could have known when I signed up. And I did play, so please shut up. I am very frustrated right now and don't need to hear this.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

askalice23

I will say this... I love twg however i dont think this is the place to play it. I think it has sort of died here.

Mashi

No, I disagree.  TWG has only 'died out' because very few people make an effort in games.
Does everyone who joins a game want to have fun?  Yes.
Do they want to do some work in order for that to occur?  Not really.

The main problem with TWG is that you people are too closed.  Don't expect conversation to begin in the forum anymore, you people should know how to play by now.  Use chat services, it's more efficient, more efficient in finding Wolves (Due to a quicker reaction time, contrary to the amount of time a Wolf has to make a post on a forum), among other things.

One spoiled apple ruins the lot.  Surprisingly, this can be very true for TWG.  One inactive player can greatly effect a game's outcome, one poor decision by a human player can create a turning point for the Wolves.  It's not that players have a problem with TWG here, it's just that they don't know how to make it work.

askalice23

I agree that it could work on this site but it is more than one inactive player on the site. If we want to make it work than we all have to work together and be active in the games.

Jub3r7

In the beginning, I was very confused because my role's abilities were modified slightly (after the reset) and I wasn't aware of it for a while.

That's why my posts were odd at the beginning of the game; I was hinting at winter to explain the situation to me.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 04, 2011, 10:02:40 AMThere are things in life that I don't really understand

at all

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 04, 2011, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: Super Zombie on April 04, 2011, 02:02:21 PMI don't follow.
EXACTLY.

That led to a vote on me later in the game, which was ultimately an unnoticed bandwagon.

My unexplained behavior in the beginning was a mistake, even if it was for a purpose.
I also made the mistake of forgetting about the rule that prevents me from making a death post when I am lynched.

Therefore I will not attempt hosting a game until I prove myself, to myself.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

I was going to have an announcement that the Koume and Kotake were informed of eachothers players.. as a twist partly through the game.. but that twist was ruined :(

Mashi

winterkid09, if that was a piece of information you added in without telling the players, you sort of ruined the game to a point.  That is, unless you specifically told the players you were going to add a secret twist that you would reveal later, it's unfair to the other teams (Even if it was small; things like that can completely change the psychology of a player).

I highly suggest you not do that again.  There are very few, if even at all, any exceptions to this.

Granted though, considering this game was so inactive, I suppose it wouldn't have made too great a deal, but even so, don't do it again.

master_gamer38

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 20, 2011, 08:54:34 PMIn the beginning, I was very confused because my role's abilities were modified slightly (after the reset) and I wasn't aware of it for a while.

That's why my posts were odd at the beginning of the game; I was hinting at winter to explain the situation to me.
 EXACTLY.

That led to a vote on me later in the game, which was ultimately an unnoticed bandwagon.

My unexplained behavior in the beginning was a mistake, even if it was for a purpose.
I also made the mistake of forgetting about the rule that prevents me from making a death post when I am lynched.

Therefore I will not attempt hosting a game until I prove myself, to myself.

If you are unsure of your role, you need to ask. PM the host and ask specifically.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.