News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

The musical's finally over! I have a bunch of great stories to tell about it, but I'll make it short and say that I can finally start arranging sheets again! Woo!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Double post: According to my drama director, I have just broken a school record for most Set Construction/Strike hours in a single Drama production. The previous record set was 93, but my record is officially 105, surpassing all other records spanning across my drama director's 43-year career!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Noice!

Not really an event, but I really feel like I'm making progress in my playing. I did a lot of classical repertoire (got up to about Liszt's Un Sospiro before I converted to jazz), but my jazz still needs a lot of work.

That being said, I have a method I'm going to use. For each artist I want to emulate, I transcribe ten of their solos, their comping, and learn all of this by memory (in no more than 6 months for each; while it may take longer for it to digest, I'm putting that time limit on each to make sure I don't fall behind).

So far, I know I want to study Herbie Hancock, Kenny Kirkland, Keith Jarrett, a collection of bebop pianists (who I'll likely do as a whole slew, namely Barry Harris, Hank Jones and Tommy Flanagan), Chick Corea, Robert Glasper, and Cory Henry (and throw some more mainstream fusion players in there).

Get ready, life, I'm about to kick yo ass!!
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

That determination is a great feeling. Keep it up. Even after the determination is gone xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

send me those solo transcriptions lol
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AmpharosAndy

Give Kapustin and Schulhoff a look while you're at it ;) Bit of a different style but definitely interesting from the jazz performance perspective :D

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on November 17, 2017, 08:50:31 PMGet ready, life, I'm about to kick yo ass!!
Dew it
innit

Trainer Ave

Honestly that is the best quote ever
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 18, 2017, 03:28:14 AMThat determination is a great feeling. Keep it up. Even after the determination is gone xD

Let's hope it lasts long enough to not run out of steam lol

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 18, 2017, 06:41:35 AMsend me those solo transcriptions lol
I mean sure but they're handwritten and won't help you nearly as much as doing them yourself ;)
But if you want them, I'll send .pdf scans to you as I have them

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on November 18, 2017, 11:48:32 AMGive Kapustin and Schulhoff a look while you're at it ;) Bit of a different style but definitely interesting from the jazz performance perspective :D
Listened to a lot of Kapustin, will check out Schulhoff!
what is shitpost

braix

My parents promised that they would unban me from playing League of Legends if I got a 1500+ on the SAT(kind of impossible tbh).
This is really dumb but now I'm finally motivated to do super well. I'll definitely make it happen...this videogame ban sucks.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

I personally did not study for the SAT nor did I find it very difficult. Got a 1420 so if you put some work into 1500 should be very doable.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

i don't know how hard that is but i believe you can do it
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

E. Gadd Industries

I believe in you, Braix! It's a standardised test, so it's easier to study for (imo) than the typical classroom test!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]