News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on July 16, 2017, 10:33:23 PMSo I learned why so many shinies have been popping up for me in Diamond.
long explanation
Turns out the Cute Charm Glitch is active in my game. Basically if your trainer ID and secret ID are close enough together and you have a Pokemon with the Cute Charm ability at the front of your party (which must be gender specific depending on the IDs) any Pokemon of the opposite gender with certain nature's will be shiny with the exception of Pokemon that can't be with gender like Kangaskhan the Nidoran lines and all legendaries (except Heatran) and other genderless Pokemon.
I haven't tested every part of this glitch yet. So far I know it works with walking in grass or cave, surfing, fishing, headbutting trees (if it's active in HeartGold or SoulSilver), soft resets (like the Heatran in DPPt or the Soodowoodo in HGSS) and the Great Marsh/Safari Zonr. I need to test how this works with breeding, Pokeradar, Honey Trees, static trade Pokemon (which might be shiny-locked anyway, I don't really know).
[close]
Huh. Wonder if that explains why I found a lot of shinies in my copy of Diamond as well.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

That's crazy
Dude you can get actual good iv shiny pokemon without having to hack
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I know right. It's freaking insane. Unfortunately it is only possible to do this in Diamond Pearl Platinum HeartGold and SoulSilver
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nebbles

Interesting! I've never heard of that glitch before... I wonder if you can RNG seed to get the IDs you need.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

Probably. I did it by accident. I traded over my Clefairy from Platinum because I wanted to train it some in Eterna forest. I wasn't expecting this at all.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

swimswamit

I think I read a comment by brainylucario not on his profile on musescore before meeting him on ninsheet :)

Small world..internet

Dude

Trainer Ave

So after like 6 hours of running around in (forgot name) cave with Mira, I finally caught a shiny Bronzor. Thing about Bronzor is, it's completely unaffected by the Cute Charm Glitch.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on July 19, 2017, 05:36:28 AMSo after like 6 hours of running around in (forgot name) cave with Mira, I finally caught a shiny Bronzor. Thing about Bronzor is, it's completely unaffected by the Cute Charm Glitch.
solution: diamonds are shiny
thus, pokemon diamond tends to give a lot of shinies

yay i solve the problem

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

gj latios

you did a lot of walking
and that's good

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

note: when i met latios he legit took this pokewalker out of like his pocket and it was nearly maxed out
who but latios would carry around a pokewalker like that

was quite impressed
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

WaluigiTime64

Now sit still for 64121 hours.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

Now do that on a Pokémon Pikahu 2
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mastersuperfan

I think I broke mine in the washing machine
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.