News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: zoroark1264 on June 28, 2014, 06:46:19 PMAll right. I got a pre-owned Fender Squier for 70 bucks.
...I have no idea how to play these things though. I'm so confused.
Nice. Good starting guitar, but you'll want a $400+ one in a few years. Wait....acoustic or electric?

mikey

My dad can do amazing things with Squiers, apparently they purposely make them trashy and he can fix them up to multi hundred dollar level for like 100 bucks
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 28, 2014, 07:14:33 PMMy dad can do amazing things with Squiers, apparently they purposely make them trashy and he can fix them up to multi hundred dollar level for like 100 bucks
Nice. I have an acoustic Squier, and, while I know a pro could do better things, guitar center still wasn't able to get the fretboard totally straight. I'm not sure they purposely make them bad, but china has terrible quality control. I just replaced it with a seagull (godin) with a preamp. Would not trade that guitar for anything.

braix

It's electric. It works and the fretboard is in perfect condition so I should be fine. Of course, I might want to buy a better guitar if I decide that I'll stay commited to the instrument. Besides, it would only be a waste of money if I cashed out a ton of money on a first guitar and decided it wasn't worth my time. I do that quite a bit, considered my lazy unmotivated personality(I actually own an acoustic guitar but never really got commited into learning how to play it). It should suffice, at least for now. You guys gotta motivate me lol.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 27, 2014, 07:18:42 AMCool! What is/was your Dads job?

Oh hey, I never responded to this.
My dad's an editor for film/tv, haha. He works with Seiter's friend on Hell on Wheels.

Maelstrom

Quote from: zoroark1264 on June 28, 2014, 07:32:32 PMstuff
Yeah. It took me about 2 years of leaving it in the corner until I actually started playing. Try to start learning chords and finger picking at the same time: it'll make it a lot eaiser in the long run. And learn to sight read music not tabs, which I still can't do.  :( Bar chords are much easier on an electric, so make sure you get those in somewhere.

mikey

I could never play guitar to save a life
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 28, 2014, 07:49:55 PMAnd learn to sight read music not tabs, which I still can't do.  :(

The amount of self-proclaimed "amazing guitar players" who can't read sheet music is depressing. I've had many an obnoxious big band experience with them.

SlowPokemon

That's why most guitarists irritate the hell out of me; they don't treat music with respect.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Aight *cracks fingers*
Time to get workin'
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

My sister got married! :D It was an awesome wedding.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Just got back from playing an awesome Independence Day concert with my community concert band! Imo, it went exceptionally well! It was also a career highlight to get the opportunity to play the piece "Lonely Beach (Normandy 1944)" By James Barnes, AND on the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion (Year, not day). Anyone familiar with it knows just how heavy, graphic, and powerful a piece it is. We also played a slideshow of pictures taken from that time, which only enhanced the mood of the piece. It is such an interesting tone poem. Too bad finding a decent recording of it is near impossible. Here's probably the best one on youtube:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

Got Ruto and I tickets to the Pokemon Orchestra this coming August :DD

me irl
[close]

mikey

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 30, 2014, 09:09:33 PMGot Ruto and me tickets to the Pokemon Orchestra this coming August :DD
Grammar nazi for the day
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Wouldn't it technically be "Got Ruto and myself..."?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber