News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

WHOA, it seems there's a few home-schoolers around here! I do remember Ruto saying that the education system's interesting in America, so I suppose it's not such a bad idea if it's not too crash-hot. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Waddle Bro

Home school sounds as ridiculous as half of a country's population not believing in evolution.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 07, 2014, 07:55:28 AMHome school sounds as ridiculous as half of a country's population not believing in evolution.
So, perfectly sane?

FierceDeity

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 07, 2014, 07:55:28 AMHome school sounds as ridiculous as half of a country's population not believing in evolution.
Quote from: maelstrom. on May 07, 2014, 07:59:32 AMSo, perfectly sane?

WAIT DAMNIT I WAS ON YOUR SIDE, MAN.
I was thinking, "You know, maybe homeschooling was an actual choice made to better suit his needs, and has served him well, rather than my innate thinking that it's just a way for parents to proliferate dogma contrary to scientific fact". But apparently I should have put much more faith into stereotypes than I thought.

Maelstrom

Just so you know, I was going to a private school at the time. My younger sister goes there now and they seem to be much more proactive about stuff like that. And we both agree on one thing: The last thing this thread needs is a creation vs. evolution debate.

FierceDeity

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 07, 2014, 08:38:55 AMAnd we both agree on one thing: The last thing this thread needs is a creation vs. evolution debate.

Clearly you don't know me very well hahahahahaha

mikey

What if
creation and evolution were the same thing
D:
by the way about 80% of Americans believe in God
I think the exact number was 84
unmotivated

mikey

Oh yeah I finished my last final
NO MORE COLLEGES :D
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

WELCOME TO THE DO NOTHING FOR TWO MONTHS CLUB!

As long as no one here is arguing that the Earth is 6,000 years old, I think we'll be just dandy. SPACE dandy. Dandy, in SPACE.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

GUESS WHO JUST NAILED A JOB INTERVIEW AT A MOVIE THEATER
THIS GUY
Hired me on the spot :)
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

I mean, I don't see why it's so hard for those religious types to just see that their deity of choice was still the creator, and just that the proper model of the creation of the universe (big bang, accretion disks, maybe exogenesis, evolution, etc) is a result of a higher influence.  It doesn't degrade in any way from the idea of a higher power and imo sounds like a much grander show of omnipotence than "yea he just got bored and made some peeps one day".

But I guess some people are scared of things being too complex?  I don't know for certain, though I do know that there exist intelligent, scientific religious people and afaik they all adhere to just those beliefs ::)

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

^ basically this. I'm a fairly religious person, but some of it definitely makes me wonder. Is there some old man in the sky that just runs everything in the universe? Eh, doubtful. But the idea of the universe itself working on its own is sort of its own "God" in a sense imo. Does that make sense?

And what if both things are true? Maybe God made people and then he was like, nah hang on a minute, and changed it up a bit? *boom* evolution :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

FierceDeity

That's my way of thinking, actually. I'm religious, I'm a practicing Christian; I just don't like to take a book that's thousands of years old and of questionable origin for fact on every minute detail of science and history. If there is a creator, it already put all of these things in our universe that tell a different story, so either God is lying in the natural laws of the universe or the Bible, or the Bible *gasp* isn't the word of God, and it's just a bunch of dudes who wrote about him (it). Not to downplay divine inspiration, but it's drastically different from divine authorship. If you're to believe in God, the two things for which he/it most definitely is responsible is the universe and its natural laws, and it's preeeetty hard to fake those.

oh wait were we not supposed to be starting a debate, sorry

EDIT: ninjad
Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 07, 2014, 02:21:33 PMAnd what if both things are true? Maybe God made people and then he was like, nah hang on a minute, and changed it up a bit? *boom* evolution :P

I feel like neither evolutionists nor creationists would be satisfied with that definition, hahahaha