News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by EFitTrainr, April 13, 2011, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: InfinitySoul on August 31, 2014, 01:19:01 PMWe saw something different in that new episode

Spoiler
The Doctor actually didnt save someone. He let that one guy die so he can save everyone else. I have never seen the Doctor not try to save someone
[close]
I don't know how much Doctor Who you have seen to say that.

InfinitySoul

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 31, 2014, 09:02:42 PMI don't know how much Doctor Who you have seen to say that.

Every episode of the revived Series

Yugi

Spoiler
So is this new series trying to deconstruct the doctors ro.e as a hero?
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, I feel that the 12th isn't as good. He seems to genuinely care less about people's lives than any previous Doctor. Whereas the 9th, 10th, and 11th spent a good deal of time desperately trying to save everybody(though they almost always failed to do so) the 12th is far more ambivalent to whether people live or die.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

Holy fuck the amount of cliché tho

Waddle Bro

Listen was actually a really good episode, I liked it.

Bubbles

Plus actually no one died for once

Yugi

So Far:

Robin Hood Episode > Listen > First Episode > Into the Dalek

and

Spoiler
mickey why are you cheating on rose
[close]

Waddle Bro

Robot of Sherwood was so filled with cliché.

Waddle Bro

Time Heist started off really strongly, but the plot crumbled fast after that.

SuperFireKirby

I probably oughta catch up, but Robot of Sherwood just looks so unappealing that I haven't even bothered.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

Apparently Finland decided to show a fucking document about Doctor Who last night instead of the newest episode, and then decide to air the newest episode a week later. Now Finland's television is behind a week comparing to the rest of the world when it comes to DW.

Screw this, gotta pirate dis shit from now on.

Waddle Bro

It's funny how not even BBC staff can tell is it Series 1 or 8. Moffat insists on calling it 1, because of the whole new 'regeneration cycle' shit(the whole Gallifrey sending regen energy was a cheap plot device to continue the series for let's say the next 15 years imo).

Also, manly Foxes fanboy screams!

Kman96

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 11, 2014, 02:39:32 PMIt's funny how not even BBC staff can tell is it Series 1 or 8. Moffat insists on calling it 1, because of the whole new 'regeneration cycle' shit(the whole Gallifrey sending regen energy was a cheap plot device to continue the series for let's say the next 15 years imo).
Wrong.

The video is referring to the first series of Doctor Who Extra, the behind-the-scenes show, not the revived series itself. I've never heard Moffat calling this a new series 1.

Also, getting a new cycle of regenerations was not a "cheap plot device" in order to continue the show- it's a critical part of the series' lore. How else would the Doctor have survived? and 15 years? That's not likely at all. We made it a whole 50 with just 11 doctors (the war and metacrisis were only featured in one episode each), who's to say we won't last another 50 years?
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Kman96 on October 11, 2014, 09:27:43 PMWrong.

The video is referring to the first series of Doctor Who Extra, the behind-the-scenes show, not the revived series itself. I've never heard Moffat calling this a new series 1.
Yeah, you're right. Although I remember reading an article where it was said that Moffat complained about people calling it the Series 8 instead of new Series 1, because of the new regeneration cycle.

Quote from: Kman96 on October 11, 2014, 09:27:43 PMAlso, getting a new cycle of regenerations was not a "cheap plot device" in order to continue the show- it's a critical part of the series' lore. How else would the Doctor have survived? and 15 years? That's not likely at all. We made it a whole 50 with just 11 doctors (the war and metacrisis were only featured in one episode each), who's to say we won't last another 50 years?
Gallifrey just sent 13 regenerations worth of regeneration energy through the crack after an emotional speech by Clara in it(Not to mention Gallifrey was supposed to be stuck in a single moment in time), River gave The Doctor all of her regen energy as well, but that didn't stack. I know you're a massive fanboy and all, but using Gallifrey as a plot device like that was sloppy and rushed writing to me, I was expecting something much more epic that would mean the series would continue for decades than just one mention from Matt Smith of "a whole new regeneration cycle" which was conflicting with River giving Doctor her energy and that didn't stack like that.
I just threw the number 15 not thinking about it that much, considering how they got through five regenerations in just eight years in the renewed series. This regen cycle is most definitely not going to last 50 years, because that'd mean each Doctor would be supposed to last almost four years before the next one. With the current pace of the renewed series, it won't even reach 25 years before this cycle is completed.