News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by EFitTrainr, April 13, 2011, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

"The BBC have announced that actress Keeley Hawes is to join the cast of Doctor Who.

Hawes will play Ms. Delphox, a powerful out of this world character with a dark secret. Travelling across space and time, the Twelfth Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and his companion, Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman), will come face to face with the mysterious Ms. Delphox when they arrive on a strange and puzzling planet."

Am I hallucinating or
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

Quote from: blueflower999 on March 13, 2014, 06:18:10 PMDelphox
Lol. totally didn't notice that when I read the original update.
Party Hard!
[close]

EFitTrainr

Series 8? More like series GREAT
I like food.

Kman96

Jeez, this feed hasn't been updated in a long time, and there has been A LOT of information given out since March!
Party Hard!
[close]

InfinitySoul

August 22nd! Can't wait!

Waddle Bro

Forgot to post here earlier!

I dunno, the first episode had more of a try-hard feel to me and I dislike how they had to use Smith as a plot device at the end. It didn't strike me as epic as let's say The Eleventh Hour, but it was awesome if you can get past the overacting at the start. The episode showed me that Capaldi will perform great, but it takes me time to adapt. But Vastra is one of my favourite characters and I enjoyed seeing her and Jenny a lot!

And that gay sex reference doe.

SuperFireKirby

Of the three post-regeneration episodes of Doctor Who in the new series, this was my least favorite. Not to say it was bad, but Capaldi remained in that oblivious madman state long past the point of enjoyability. And a lot of the episode did feel a bit forced. But once he got in his element, he was pretty darn good and I expect great things from him. Also, I love Vastra and Jenny's relationship and how damn cheeky they are.

And people apparently got mad over the kissing scene, which I find both odd and silly. I mean, after the multitudes of gay/lesbian/other characters in Doctor Who(I think Jack Harkness counts for, like, 1000 at least) you think people would be used to it by now.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

I had almost no idea of anything that was going on until a visual plot point happened. I'm not used to fast british talking anymore lol

And idk I'm kinda with beginning-of-episode Clara in that the Doctor is too different. I'm pretty sure its been said before that even though he keeps his memories and is still the Doctor, his attitude and other nonphysical attributes change. I know Clara won't, but you can't really blame a companion for leaving after a regeneration.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 24, 2014, 05:24:53 PMAnd people apparently got mad over the kissing scene, which I find both odd and silly. I mean, after the multitudes of gay/lesbian/other characters in Doctor Who(I think Jack Harkness counts for, like, 1000 at least) you think people would be used to it by now.
Spoiler
I was only mad because if they can't breathe how would putting their mouths together help?? Like she can't breathe the oxygen out of her without breathing
[close]

Waddle Bro

Here's to hoping thay the Dalek episode with an actual 'good' Dalek, will include a meaningful and psychological script instead of the mainstream "shit it was a trap now we gotta save the world from destruction"-plot with Exterminate- and special effects spam.

Yugi

Am I the only one who doesn't seem to hate Love and Monsters?

blueflower999

I liked it. Was an interesting take on a Doctor Who episode.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

InfinitySoul

Quote from: Yugi on August 29, 2014, 03:01:16 AMAm I the only one who doesn't seem to hate Love and Monsters?

Hm well it was a good episode, just different than a normal episode. I liked the "main" guy of that episode.

Waddle Bro

Into the Dalek was the kind of mainstream shit I was expecting and mentioned below. Still disappointed in this season so far and from the looks of it the next episode won't be an exception.

Spoiler
I could list so much stuff that was wrong with the plot, from the Doctor carrying random battery pills to Dalek brain sections that activate with a touch of a miniaturized human hand.
[close]

InfinitySoul

We saw something different in that new episode

Spoiler
The Doctor actually didnt save someone. He let that one guy die so he can save everyone else. I have never seen the Doctor not try to save someone
[close]

Yugi