News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Schoolwork Help Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, April 08, 2011, 07:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Anyone know something about Laurent series?

Because I still don't have a clue.

Cobraroll

^In a couple of years, I might be able to help you. Hope you're patient!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jamaha

Would be, but the deadline is this Friday.

Nebbles

Qew: Geez, thanks! XD That should help, because we have to memorize all the values and fill in the circle on Friday.

lol yep there's a quiz I might flunk
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Ruto

Quote from: JaMaHa on October 05, 2011, 11:43:04 AMWould be, but the deadline is this Friday.

I would try google or wikipedia :/ I haven't done anything with series in a long time and my books don't have anything on the Laurent series.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jamaha

I've Googled, read through the chapter in Advanced Engineering Mathematics a few times, read through the lecture slides.

I know in principle what it is and how it's supposed to work but I just can't figure out how to calculate the coefficients.

Qew

http://people.ucsc.edu/~lewis/Math103/convergence.pdf

http://math.furman.edu/~dcs/courses/math39/lectures/lecture-38.pdf

here are some examples. I'm not sure what you mean by coefficients but worked through examples usually help if you can't figure out how to use a theorem.

Oh and nebbles, good luck on the test! If you remember the two triangles it'll be easy. For the second triangle all you have to remember is "2, 1, root(3)". Since you know the angles you should know if you have a large angle it will correspond to a large side so the pi/6 is opposite the 1 since it's the smallest, pi/2 (the right angle) is opposite the 2 and pi/3 is opposite root(3).

Cobraroll

JaMaHa, is this by any chance what you're looking for?
http://www.khanacademy.org/video/maclauren-and-taylor-series-intuition?playlist=Calculus

Not sure how a Maclaurin series is related to a Laurent series, but it might be of help. Perhaps.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jub3r7

My dad is OBSESSED with Khan academy. -.-
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Mashi

Saria

^We use Khan Academy for math sometimes. >:D
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Qew

hehe I admit I watched the video out of curiousity. Not quite as glamorous as I thought, it reminds me of newton's method.

Nonetheless Khan academy is badass! *joins with Mashi and Saria*

Saria

SARIABALL
cooperating anal

Mashi

*Kicks self out to join Qew*

Also, guys, you should all convince your schools to get edmodo because it's super coll.

Saria

Quote from: Mashi on October 07, 2011, 03:41:57 PM*Kicks self out to join Qew because I love him and I'm yag.*

Fixed. /Trollface
SARIABALL
cooperating anal