News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

JDMEK5's Banana Hoard

Started by JDMEK5, February 27, 2011, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nothing atm

Cool
10 (83.3%)
Whatevs
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

JDMEK5

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Byrne's Death - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - The End of the Chancellor - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

No special comments this time. Let me know what you think!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Yugi

JDMEK5

*pfft* Wow. I just realized I forgot that. XD Oh well. Fixed now. 'Tis a shame that the only comments I can get are on my typos.. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

FierceDeity

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 08, 2013, 08:14:23 PM'Tis a shame that the only comments I can get are on my typos.

Haha yeah, hasn't been too much commentary as of late. I'll take a quick look at The End of the Chancellor, I suppose :P
It's very good. Two minute details I wanna point out, though. One, I think those two quarter note A's in bar 5 are just one half note. Two, I think it'd sound nice if you added in the last little chromatic couplet in bar 4. That is, if you put the Db-C over the 1st and 3rd notes of the 32nd note run. If you're worried about playability, you could notate it as optional.
That's all. Great job :)
Oh, and I'm really jealous of the length of this arrangement XD

JDMEK5

Thanks, Deity. :)
Quote from: FierceDeity on September 08, 2013, 10:13:42 PMI think those two quarter note A's in bar 5 are just one half note.
Hm. You're right. Done.
Quote from: FierceDeity on September 08, 2013, 10:13:42 PMTwo, I think it'd sound nice if you added in the last little chromatic couplet in bar 4. That is, if you put the Db-C over the 1st and 3rd notes of the 32nd note run. If you're worried about playability, you could notate it as optional.
Not sure what you meant by that. I failed to follow you there..
Quote from: FierceDeity on September 08, 2013, 10:13:42 PMOh, and I'm really jealous of the length of this arrangement XD
I know. It's my pride and joy. :] *sarcasm

My Arrangements

FierceDeity

You know how the top line of the melody in bar 4 goes from F up to Bb, then down a half step to A natural? Right after, it goes up to Db, then down a half step to C, still in sixteenth notes. So, you could notate that in the second layer (my first idea of just having those notes added on top of the first and third 32nd notes was stupid/probably resulting from my deep-seated hatred of having to layer in finale, disregard that).

JDMEK5

Quote from: FierceDeity on September 08, 2013, 11:02:47 PMdisregard that
Ok then.

Rolled out a new one! This one was written for piano originally, making it really nice as an arrangement.

Pokémon Black/White Version - Unwavering Emotions - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [YouTube][/url]

Please comment and/or critique!

My Arrangements

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Yugi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Argh, sorry, I don't make much sense when I'm tired XD I didn't mean to disregard the comment entirely, but to disregard the original way in which I said to do it. My updated suggestion is to have, in 16th notes at the end of bar 4, Db and C written in on a second layer. If that still doesn't make sense, I'll just write it out once I get back from class.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on September 09, 2013, 12:38:45 AMNice
Thanks, Jompa! No things-to-improve from you is one of the best immediate compliments an arrangement could receive. (Assuming you weren't holding back on me) :P
Quote from: Yugi on September 09, 2013, 12:45:59 AMdude are you trying to arrange every song in this game
Maaayyyybbbeeee.. ::)
Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2013, 04:35:36 AMAlready done by shado a couple years ago tho
Well that's fine. Good for him; this song is awesome.
Quote from: FierceDeity on September 09, 2013, 06:04:40 AMArgh, sorry, I don't make much sense when I'm tired XD I didn't mean to disregard the comment entirely, but to disregard the original way in which I said to do it. My updated suggestion is to have, in 16th notes at the end of bar 4, Db and C written in on a second layer. If that still doesn't make sense, I'll just write it out once I get back from class.
Lol maybe do that. This (^) made more sense than before, but I'm still not 100% sure of what you mean. Maybe showing me would be best. :P

My Arrangements

Jompa

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 09, 2013, 09:24:08 AMThanks, Jompa! No things-to-improve from you is one of the best immediate compliments an arrangement could receive. (Assuming you weren't holding back on me)
;) You're flattering me.
I really meant it - good job!
Birdo for Smash

FierceDeity

Whoops, apparently I'm still really incoherent in the morning. I meant that the last two sixteenth notes you have written in bar 4, Db and C, are reiterated again an octave up. And to risk my point being even further diminished by my apparent inability to explain anything, I'm just gonna give you a MUS file showing what I mean.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Jompa on September 09, 2013, 11:33:01 AM;) You're flattering me.
I really meant it - good job!
Thanks man. :)
Quote from: FierceDeity on September 09, 2013, 01:44:35 PMWhoops, apparently I'm still really incoherent in the morning. I meant that the last two sixteenth notes you have written in bar 4, Db and C, are reiterated again an octave up. And to risk my point being even further diminished by my apparent inability to explain anything, I'm just gonna give you a MUS file showing what I mean.
You know what's funny? I finally understood what you meant. What I saw on the example is exactly what I had pictured in my head from reading that. (^) And I concur. I'll make the change momentarily.

My Arrangements