News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

GaryOak's piano

Started by GaryOak, January 23, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryOak

Recently I've been into uploading some new videos to youtube so here goes. I just uploaded Kyle Landry's arrangement of A Whole New World. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYc9PR_P5xw

I also want to mention this video that I posted last December. It's To Zanarkand right, the most overplayed vg tune ever but this arrangement is from Piano Squall and I like it the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHINEoKysMM
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

ETFROXX

I just realized no one replied to this. And that's mean.

GOOD STUFF.

dahans

Quote from: ETFROXX on January 30, 2011, 08:16:41 AMI just realized no one replied to this. And that's mean.

GOOD STUFF.
Agreed.

Agreed.

xD

Well done :D! I love your videos! You're a good pianist! Which cam do you use?^^
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

GaryOak

Thnx dah & ETF for not being mean. ;)

I use Nikon Coolpix. It's...umm...yea. It has one big flaw. It uses .mov files and everytime I convert them to .avi the video quality gets worse. .Mov is such a troublesome format.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

dahans

haha I have never been called "dah" ^^. xD

Anyway, I hope you earn enough money so that you can buy another (better) cam :D so the quality of your vids will improve! Can't wait to see more videos :D!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Jub3r7

I have a really good camera, but it records in .mov too. :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Offkey

Good stuff indeed, though if I may leave a tiny bit of constructive criticism, Zanarkand was (imho) a tad too fast at times, but then, as you stated it's a bit overplayed so it was pretty refreshing.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

GaryOak

Thanks for the comment, To Zanarkand may be a little too fast at some parts 'cause I was slightly nervous when playing it.

But a new video. Route 27 from Pokemon GSC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er9T5nKY750

Video quality is now better because this time I didn't use mov to avi converter. For some reason, windows movie maker supported mov-files now when I tried it. Couple of weeks ago it didn't support it, weird :-\. But I'm pretty happy with this quality. Can't say same about my playing though. This arrangement isn't that difficult but it was hard to bring out that second melody with thumb. I'm not really good at these things, need to practise more. Also I couldn't come up with a good way to end it so I just threw that chord there lol. But overall it came out pretty well, and I'm glad that this is first time I play my own arrangement as well as something that isn't overplayed.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

GaryOak

Goldenrod City from Pokemon GSC this time.

This is one of my favourite Pokemon themes. I wish I was pro enough to bring out the melody better in that 0:20-0:38 part but that's too difficult for me now.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

JDMEK5

*slaps forehead*
I just realized that goldenrod is basically just the bicycle theme slowed down. (Jazzed up in the case of HG/SS)

But it sounds great! A few little accidental (practically, not musically) grace notes after 00:20 and the melody, like you said, could've been brought out a little more, but who pulls off a perfect performance?
It was great.

EDIT: Just watch though, now someone's gonna come in, quote me saying "who pulls off a perfect performance", and say "I do!"
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Excellent work! I didn't think that section was bad. Accentuating the counter-melody was fine because the main melody is established pretty well in the first twenty seconds.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

I made kind of ballad-like version of Attack on Titan opening.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

late but
Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 26, 2013, 02:47:46 PM*slaps forehead*
I just realized that goldenrod is basically just the bicycle theme slowed down.
mindblown

GaryOak

I did a sort of a compilation of the first Ace Attorney game.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

Awesome video, and damn I'm jelly for that chest