News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

GaryOak's piano

Started by GaryOak, January 23, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waxyshaw

Did you arrange the Arrack on Titan opening ballad yourself? It would b awesome if you posted the sheet music! Really impressive
The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out! - Sora

GaryOak

Thanks, it is more like an improvisation than an arrangement so I don't have any sheet music. I might transcribe it later since people ask the sheet music surprisingly often.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

GaryOak

Since I'm taking a break from school stuff and other shit I'm going to finalize my lifelong dream of learning this piece

I practiced this quite a lot two years ago and I think it's now 70% of what I want it to be. Still takes a lot of time to actually play it like music should be played.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Xaoz

Quote from: GaryOak on February 02, 2015, 07:10:51 AMSince I'm taking a break from school stuff and other shit I'm going to finalize my lifelong dream of learning this piece

Spoiler
[close]

I practiced this quite a lot two years ago and I think it's now 70% of what I want it to be. Still takes a lot of time to actually play it like music should be played.

Sounds quite difficult. Do you just play it by ear, or are you using the NSM version? I think that one could need a rework :D

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

GaryOak

Quote from: Xaoz on February 02, 2015, 10:17:12 AMSounds quite difficult. Do you just play it by ear, or are you using the NSM version? I think that one could need a rework :D

Yea it's pretty tricky, big hands are needed too. This is a version I arranged myself few years ago, hope I can record it in the near future.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Xaoz

Quote from: GaryOak on February 02, 2015, 10:40:54 AMYea it's pretty tricky, big hands are needed too. This is a version I arranged myself few years ago, hope I can record it in the near future.

You should also commit your sheet then, since the current version is... uhm... Let's say... There is much more in that piece and the current sheet we have does it no justice!
Looking forward to your recording.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

GaryOak

Opening from the new Haikyuu!! season.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

Bubbles

GaryOak

Here's some Rabu Raibu with new piano.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

GaryOak

Turnabout Sisters' ballad from Ace Attorney. I've also been doing JFA medley but that's gonna take a while.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

GaryOak

I've been recording some Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice music, here's the themes of Nahyuta and Reus.

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

mikey

Slow, hero of trains, onionleaf, mastersuperfan, maelstrom, and nebbles collectively love you

Probably I mean I can't speak for them and I'm probably missing some people idk

Maybe this was a bad idea
unmotivated

Onionleaf

Haha, I am both happy and proud to be included in that list. ^^ You should join us!

I am loving all these high quality performances, such a great job. You've earned yourself a subscriber. :)

GaryOak

Played one of the Battle Tree Boss themes from Pokémon Sun/Moon, not specifying in case someone is still avoiding spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBEuJZiotY

I love you. <3
I love you
<3 u2 Gary

daj

Quote from: GaryOak on January 12, 2017, 09:37:19 AMPlayed one of the Battle Tree Boss themes from Pokémon Sun/Moon, not specifying in case someone is still avoiding spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBEuJZiotY

"no way this is WS' arrangement"
*checks*
"HOLY SHITE"

~

Bravo! A very convincing performance, well executed left hand part (them semiquavers dang), and the flair in the B section was just up there. Love your other performances too,and you've just got a new sub hehe! Great stuff, great stuff~