News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Webpage design topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, January 12, 2011, 10:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

I was meaning CSS compatible, like a stylesheet I could easily change to table to how I'd like.

Do you know a code like that?

Winter

I would still like some help with this :(

master_gamer38

CSS can't change things. CSS is just visual. You need javascript to change anything.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Winter

MG, I am not an idiot. I need a code that will make this interactive table, in which I CAN GO INTO MY STYLESHEET AND MANUALLY CHANGE THE LOOK OF IT without too much of a hassle.

Jesus christ, I know how this works, I'm just having some trouble with this one thing.

PLease stop correcting me and help? If not, just tell me that you're more interested in sounding smarter than me rather than helping a friend out with a problem.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Winter

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on February 03, 2011, 09:09:16 AMMG, I am not an idiot. I need a code that will make this interactive table, in which I CAN GO INTO MY STYLESHEET AND MANUALLY CHANGE THE LOOK OF IT without too much of a hassle.

Jesus christ, I know how this works, I'm just having some trouble with this one thing.

PLease stop correcting me and help? If not, just tell me that you're more interested in sounding smarter than me rather than helping a friend out with a problem.

You can't make interactive thing with CSS. That's not freaking possible. You don't get that. I can't help you do something that IS NOT possible.

The only bit of sense is that you want something is CSS that you can change easily to change if you want to format stuff. The only way you can do that is to make it yourself. We can't make something how you want it to look. Looks are one thing, functional things are another.

Winter

If the table was very minimal, then I could throw it into a basic HTML table and personalize the properties of the table. There was a few small javascript things I was working on that I could change color and styles of certain objects.

I've done it before. If it's NOT possible to make changes with it using Classes or ID's, then I wont. If I can change ANY aspect of the table, I would like to know how.

Most importantly, I just wanted to know how to do it in general. I almost got it to work, but some of the buttons didn't function correctly, or they worked once and then didn't work the second time.

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on February 04, 2011, 08:34:07 AMIf the table was very minimal, then I could throw it into a basic HTML table and personalize the properties of the table. There was a few small javascript things I was working on that I could change color and styles of certain objects.

I've done it before. If it's NOT possible to make changes with it using Classes or ID's, then I wont. If I can change ANY aspect of the table, I would like to know how.

Most importantly, I just wanted to know how to do it in general. I almost got it to work, but some of the buttons didn't function correctly, or they worked once and then didn't work the second time.

Of course you can do Classes and IDs. It works. You just have to do it yourself. You can't have someone design something in CSS to your specifications really.

Buttons not working, that's because your javascript is bad.

Winter

That being the reason i was asking for help.

Jub3r7

Go here to make sure your java is updated?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on February 04, 2011, 03:03:08 PMThat being the reason i was asking for help.

Asking for CSS help won't fix javascript problems.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 05, 2011, 07:43:32 AMGo here to make sure your java is updated?

Java and Javascript are completely different.

Winter

xDDDDD

MG do you even know what I want help with in the first place? FORGET CSS

FORGET IT !

If someone /else/ can read back and see what I was having troubles with, that would be much appreciated.

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 24, 2011, 03:24:29 PMI was looking for a CSS script that would give me a box that had buttons lining the right side in which clicking those would make different material appear inside the box.

If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it.
Quote from: winterkid09 on January 24, 2011, 03:53:34 PMI was meaning CSS compatible, like a stylesheet I could easily change to table to how I'd like.

Do you know a code like that?

Yeah, you asked for CSS. You have absolutely no idea what you're doing. You can't even properly ask for help.

Winter

Why would I ask for CSS? I understand CSS.

I'm asking for some Javascript that would make a table in which buttons on either side of it would replace the information INSIDE of the table with the selected bit.

does that sound like CSS?