News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Appoggiatura? Acciaccatura? Grace note?

Started by PianoMan, January 11, 2011, 05:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

I am arranging Unstable World, and I am having trouble getting my finale sheet to sound right. Around :06 in the video, there is a D power chord with some sort of a grace note on it, but the grace note is ON THE BEAT which quickly resolves to the intended note. All I can seem to do on Finale Songwriter is make the grace note happen slightly before the beat so that the full chord happens on the beat. Can someone help?

Nana1Popo2

if it's on the beat i would assume it could be just a sixteenth note and what ever follows. (for example a sixteenth note and a dotted eighth) then again, I don't know of the song.

maybe a link could help?

this would also probably be a better topic for the "Help" forum.. ? :o
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

PianoMan

I was thinking that Help was more directed toward site problems. That's why I posted it here. Link The bass sounds bad because I haven't figured it out yet.

Nana1Popo2

Alrighty.
well, I enterpreted your question wrong, haha, so now i understand that you need help with playback not figuring out the rhythms in the first place. Well, if you wanted, perhaps putting the grace note after the triplet in the previous measure would make the playback work to your liking?

but, in my opinion, after listening to the original (i realized what song it was after listening to it! i love Sonic Adventure 2 Battle), the chord comes not on the downbeat, instead after the downbeat! So, i was right with my incorrect assumption; the rhythm there (in this case) should be a sixteenth note and a dotted eighth tied to an eighth. (like pictured below)

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16