Fingerz's Arrangements (NEW Pokémon Quest)

Started by fingerz, January 03, 2011, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

RIGHT! Guess who's been busy? ME!  ;D

I was busy fixing up a few of my older sheets (I'm not telling you which ones, so go look!) the other week and I had a sudden impulse to do an Arrangement Project! So yeah, here's the whole OST of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3! Yup, it's probably not the most difficult OST to put together, but it's fun and kooky and most things are written in C Major and at 112 bpm. :P

You can find it HERE on my front page.

No, seriously, check them out! It only took me a week to do 'em (no, I'm not skiting) but they're such great little tunes! I'd recommend them to beginner arrangers as they're very easy to get your head around. There ARE a couple of nasty suckers, though. You'll come across 'em if you listen. ;)

Anyways, enjoy! I've got plenty more time to arrange - at least this month and maybe some of next, so expect some more soon! Who knows, I might even do another Arrangement Project...  :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

Quote from: fingerz on January 11, 2016, 05:02:30 PMAnyways, enjoy! I've got plenty more time to arrange - at least this month and maybe some of next, so expect some more soon! Who knows, I might even do another Arrangement Project...  :D

I expect to see some Super Mystery Dungeon from you mate!
wink wink nudge nudge gripe gripe nag nag

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Nonono, it's Kozue Ishikawa! Ryoji Yoshitomi only worked on WL4 and the Wario Ware series. Norio Hanazawa took charge of Wario World though, and Tomoya Tomita did the same with Shake It! (I was WarioMan98 for a reason xD).

Dunno where you got those last notes of m. 4 and so on from in your Kitchen Island arrangement, but I like your take on it anyways!

Of course, impressive work!! And you did this in a week? Awesome determination lol

Oh wait, it seems Yoshitomi also worked on that... Heh always thought it was only Ishikawa xD
Anyways, you should credit him too!

Latios212

WHEN YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING YOU SURE DO IT

Nice work :J
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

fingerz

Quote from: Bespinben on January 12, 2016, 12:29:42 AMI expect to see some Super Mystery Dungeon from you mate!
wink wink nudge nudge gripe gripe nag nag
Hahaha! I WOULD but the game's not even out here yet! I'm looking forward to it, though! Is the music as great as the previous ones? I sorta refuse to check it out 'til it's out here, that's all... XD

@Don: Yeah, it took me a while to figure out who was working on those games... Apparently Yoshitomi did most of the overworld and bit-tunes whilst Ishikawa did the levels and boss music. And yes, I added in a couple of notes here and there to add the rhythmic interest found in the original. Great work on your Wario Land II Credits, by the way! I absolutely loved it!! :D

Thanks guys! There's plenty more to come, whether it's new sheets or revamped old ones. My old ones are giving me nightmares at the moment... XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

DonValentino

Ahh very well then. Glad you liked it the Credits theme btw!

Quote from: fingerz on January 14, 2016, 04:49:47 PMMy old ones are giving me nightmares at the moment... XD

Ugh same with mines. They take me forever to fix since I practically arrange them from scratch again... x.x

fingerz

Same here... But it has to be done! I just wish they weren't so bad in the first place! XD

fingerz

ALRIGHT NEW 8-BIT MUSIC YEAHHHHH! Who doesn't like Shovel Knight? It took me longer than anticipated as it's actually seriously hard to arrange! I'll probably end up doing a Two Pianos version of it down the track, but for now it'll do. I'm too busy revamping my old sheets. Expect more soon! :D

Dudeman

Quote from: fingerz on January 21, 2016, 05:36:00 PMIt took me longer than anticipated as it's actually seriously hard to arrange!
It's absolutely dumbfounding how in the world Jake Kaufman is able to compose such intricate, multi-voice pieces with ease. Like, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night wondering how we're supposed to survive in a world of prodigies.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

DAAAANG! You'd be really helpful in the MK8 Unofficial Arrangement Project! I mean, there is only one word to describe your arrangements: spot-on!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

DonValentino

It's so fun to arrange something from SK, am I right? xD
Great job!

fingerz

Quote from: Dudeman on January 21, 2016, 05:47:54 PMIt's absolutely dumbfounding how in the world Jake Kaufman is able to compose such intricate, multi-voice pieces with ease. Like, this is the kind of stuff that keeps me awake at night wondering how we're supposed to survive in a world of prodigies.
Agreed completely. That guy is LEGEND. Seriously, every tune I hear of his I love! It's just crazy!! I'd love to do more of his work down the track. You have to be in the right mental frame to attempt it, though. XD

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 21, 2016, 05:59:25 PMDAAAANG! You'd be really helpful in the MK8 Unofficial Arrangement Project! I mean, there is only one word to describe your arrangements: spot-on!
Hahaha! Thanks, E. Gadd! I love the music from Mario Kart 8 and I'd love to help out, but I'm currently busy with my own revamping project. I keep avoiding it like the plague so it's best that I spend some time fixing up them up before doing any new ones. I'll help out later if some aren't taken or done! :D

@Don: Oh, heck yeah! I've got a couple more I'd love to do from that game! I'll probably get around to them sooner or later.

fingerz

Hi all! Yes, it's been a while! It'll probably keep being as sporadic as this too, I'm afraid... I've been so busy with life that I can't keep doing things like this. I'm a professional woodwind player now and people pay me money to toot, so that takes precedence over the free stuff. I've really enjoyed my arranging over the years and will continue to do something every now and then when I have the time to! I might even go back and fix up some of my older sheets - the 'quality' is questionable with some of 'em.  :P

Anyhoo, Pokémon Quest came out last week and I absolutely LOVE the tune for Tumblecube Island, so here it is!

Pokémon Quest
NEW! Tumblecube Island - [Original ZIP] [Two Pianos ZIP]

Enjoy! And as always, it's a pleasure to hear from you all!  ;D

Sebastian

Wow, nice to hear from you! Glad your tooting is going well :p