News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

NinSheetMusic now accepts PDF!

Started by Jamaha, December 05, 2010, 05:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Hello everyone! So what's JaMaHa been up to in addition to observing artillery fire, firing RPGs and just being plain awesome? Well working to improve NSM, obviously!

As of today, NinSheetMusic provides additional means of downloading our sheets - PDF. So for those who can't be bothered with downloading and installing Finale Reader, fear not, your wishes have been granted.

Now the hastiest of you have already rushed to the sheetmusic section armed with nothing but your trusty Adobe Reader and noticed "There are no PDFs in here, JaMaHa, you filthy liar." Now, just because the option of submitting a PDF exists, it doesn't mean there are any PDFs submitted yet. However, upcoming updates will be taking advantage of the inclusion of PDFs and the conversion project for the current sheets is being planned.

By the way: 215!

Shadoninja

excellent! three cheers for JaMahA.
hip hip!
hip hip!
hip hip!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Grah, that's awesome! Does 215 have anything to do with your time left in service, or is that just a random number? xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jamaha

Exactly that number.

Added a couple of PDFs to A Link to the Past while experimenting with the script, btw.

origamiguy

I was thinking how cool this would be only yesterday... crazy!
The game.

Nintendude73

This is really great.  This will make the site a LOT more accessible.  I know I haven't always been in support of this idea since I knew it would take work to implement, but now that it's implemented, I think this could be a really good thing for the site.

KefkaticFanatic

A MUS/midi combo had better still be a requirement.  Having random arrangements missing preview functions would be a pain in the ass.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

**cries**

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 05, 2010, 09:44:19 AMA MUS/midi combo had better still be a requirement.  Having random arrangements missing preview functions would be a pain in the ass.

Agreed.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

^Agreed. :P Still, the sheets are pretty much what they're here for. It will be much more convenient for people to have PDF as well as MUS.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nintendude73

I personally think a MUS and midi should still be required, but JaMaHa has said that only one (PDF or MUS) is needed for the system to add new sheets, and MIDIs are optional.  However, if one has Finale, all 3 are easily available.  As long as Finale remains the music notation software of choice here, it shouldn't be a problem.  The PDFs will just be a really nice option for visitors.

sipan1234

Winter

YES YES YES!!! I'm so glad this happened! Thanks JaMaHa!!

Cobraroll

Woo!!!

Now, how to gloat over those who said "It will never be done", etc...

Oh, and just give me a shout if you want me to PDF-ize something! With the proper applications installed, one can easily do a hundred sheets in a day.

Also, I agree with a MUS being a requirement for a song to be posted. To put it that way, the MUSs are the sheets, the PDFs are just a way to see them. Just like you couldn't just submit a MID earlier.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jamaha

Quote from: Nintendude73 on December 05, 2010, 10:50:38 AMI personally think a MUS and midi should still be required, but JaMaHa has said that only one (PDF or MUS) is needed for the system to add new sheets, and MIDIs are optional.  However, if one has Finale, all 3 are easily available.  As long as Finale remains the music notation software of choice here, it shouldn't be a problem.  The PDFs will just be a really nice option for visitors.

While the system allows it, nothing is keeping the updaters for requiring all 3 before accepting the submission.